Experimental A & P Mechanic
Natilus is seeking an experienced A & P mechanic that is willing to transition from a scheduled maintenance environment into a fast paced experimental prototyping environment. We need help building a large blended wing body aircraft using common aircraft construction techniques.
Natilus is building a large 19,000 lbs unmanned aerial vehicle powered by twin turbo props and is a Blended Wing Body with the sole purpose of carrying cargo. It will be the first of its kind and the first BWB put into production.
This position is based out of Brown Field Municipal Airport (KSDM). US Citzens or Permanent Residents may apply
The selected applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following duties:
- Disassembly / reassembly of propulsion systems, avionics, aircraft structures, mechanical systems and other fluid or electrical systems from existing aircraft
- Basic mechanical and electrical troubleshooting
- Repairing, replacing, and rebuilding aircraft structures, including repairs involving aircraft sheet metal and composite structures.
- Scheduled inspection and preventative maintenance of aircraft
- Must have A & P License
- Must have 3 years' experience as an A&P, with recent turboprop aircraft
- Knowledgeable of basic fixed wing aircraft maintenance
- Ability to locate and follow maintenance manual directions and component manuals
- Must have High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Preference given to Beech 1900 or King Air experience
- Ability to fabricate a wide variety of aircraft metallic structures including formed sheet metal, riveted structures, CNC machinings on mills and lathes.
- Composite fabrication experience including fiberglass, carbon fiber, sandwich structures, using vacuum bagging, and/or oven/autoclave processes.
- Welding experience with MIG, TIG, Stick, Oxy- Acetylene on steel and aluminum structures
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Stock Option Plan
Natilus Inc hires solely based on qualifications, merit and competence. Natilus Inc is an equal opportunity employer. Natilus Inc does not hire on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Something looks off?