Airframe Design Engineer
Natilus is seeking an Airframe Design Engineer to join the team in San Diego, CA. Your primary task would be structural design of both metallic and composite parts. At Natilus, we work with a small team of highly adaptable engineers which enables us to accomplish the tasks of a much larger team. This gives you the opportunity to branch out into other technical disciplines such as mechanisms, manufacturing, stress analysis and tooling design as well as participate in the entire cradle-to-grave design process of multiple aircraft.
Natilus is currently building a large 19,000lb unmanned aerial vehicle powered by twin turbo props. Our aircraft is a blended wing body with the sole purpose of carrying cargo. Making history utilizing multiple new technologies, it will be the first of its kind to fly and be put into production.
The position is based out of San Diego and requires 20% travel.
US Citzens or Permanent Residents may apply.
- Fundamental knowledge of aircraft load paths
- Experience with bolted & bonded joint designs
- Expert understanding of composite structures detail design and fabrication
- Comfortable selecting and managing relationships with third party vendors & suppliers
- Proficiency in NX, CATIA, Unigraphics, or Solidworks
- Proficient in Fibersim
- A minimum of three years or directly related work experience
- Bachelor of Science in Aerospace or Mechanical engineering
- Rapid prototyping experience taking a program from conceptual & preliminary design to detail build
- Experience with design as build manufacturing, determinate assembly, manufacturing planning & tooling design
- Experience analyzing initial part & joint sizing using hand calculations or FEA
- Aircraft homebuilding or other hands-on design or build experience
- Part 23 experience
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Stock Option Plan
Natilus Inc hires solely based on qualifications, merit and competence. Natilus Inc is an equal opportunity employer. Natilus Inc does not hire on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.