Natilus is seeking an experienced Electrical Engineer to join the Aircraft Systems team in San Diego, CA. Your primary tasks involve calculating energy storage, and analyzing electrical loads and power distrubution. At Natilus, we work with a small team of highly adaptable engineers which enables us to accomplish the tasks of a much larger team. This gives you the opportunity to branch out into other technical disciplines such as mechanisms, manufacturing, stress analysis and tooling design as well as participate in the entire cradle-to-grave design process of multiple aircraft.
Natilus is currently building a large 19,000lb unmanned aerial vehicle powered by twin turboprop engines. Our aircraft is a blended wing body with the sole purpose of carrying cargo. Making history utilizing multiple new technologies, it will be the first of its kind to fly and be put into production.
The position is based out of San Diego and requires 20% travel.
US Citizens or Permanent Residents may apply.
- Fundamental knowledge of aircraft electrical subsystems & associated requirements
- Experience with electrical system architecture and analysis
- Strong understanding of aircraft grounding
- Comfortable selecting and managing relationships with multiple third party vendors & suppliers
- Proficiency in NX, CATIA, Unigraphics, or SolidWorks
- Experience planning and executing various system tests
- A minimum of three years of directly related work experience
- Bachelor of Science in Aerospace or Mechanical engineering
- Electrical harness design, build and installation
- Capable of working with teammates to determine electrical load & wiring requirements for aircraft components
- Experience establishing requirements, developing schematic drawings, creating a bill of materials and designing electrical power systems
- Executing and leading systems tests and checkouts
- Desire to work in a manufacturing environment working with techs and a multidisciplinary engineering team
- Understanding of Part 23 requirements
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Stock Option Plan
Natilus Inc hires solely based on qualifications, merit and competence. Natilus Inc is an equal opportunity employer. Natilus Inc does not hire on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.