Tooling Design Engineer
Natilus is seeking a Tooling Design Engineer to join the manufacturing team in San Diego, CA. Your primary task would be designing and overseeing the fabrication of assembly tooling components and jigs. At Natilus, we work with a small team of highly adaptable engineers which enables us to accomplish the tasks of a much larger team. This gives you the opportunity to branch out into other technical disciplines such as mechanisms, manufacturing, stress analysis and tooling design as well as participate in the entire cradle-to-grave design process of multiple aircraft.
Natilus is currently building a large 19,000lb unmanned aerial vehicle powered by twin turbo props. Our aircraft is a blended wing body with the sole purpose of carrying cargo. Making history utilizing multiple new technologies, it will be the first of its kind to fly and be put into production.
The position is based out of San Diego and requires 20% travel.
US Citzens or Permanent Residents may apply.
- Experience planning, designing and overseeing tools for locating and assembling parts and sub-assemblies
- Understanding of critical reference points, surfaces, locators and tooling holes to establish coordination between parts and assemblies
- Well versed in machine shop theory, practices and breakdown of jigs & fixtures
- Determines method and sequence of fabrication, assembly and final setup of assembly components
- Extensive knowledge doing tolerance stack-up analysis
- Proficiency in NX, CATIA, Unigraphics, or Solidworks
- A minimum of five years tooling design or directly related work experience
- Bachelor of Science in Aerospace or Mechanical engineering
- Capable of reviewing design details and suggesting changes toward ease or economy of manufacturing
- Experience with design as build manufacturing and using metrology for determinate assembly
- Comfortable setting up and operating power machine tools and accessories for machining of tools and dies
- Aircraft homebuilding or other hands-on design or build experience
- Part 23 experience
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Stock Option Plan
Natilus Inc hires solely based on qualifications, merit and competence. Natilus Inc is an equal opportunity employer. Natilus Inc does not hire on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.