Senior Data Analytics Manager
At Nayya, we believe there’s a better way to choose benefits. A more transparent, less confusing way for employees to control their health and financial potential. Powered by billions of data points and machine learning, our benefits experience platform delivers personalized decision support and guidance during open enrollment, new employee onboarding, qualifying life events, and in the moments that matter all year round. This is one of the most stressful and challenging situations consumers face – and we see that as an opportunity to build an innovative response that can help millions of Americans possess the control and understanding they deserve.
We are looking for a Senior Data Analytics Manager to join our growing data team. A successful candidate in this role will work closely with our product and data engineering teams to build a best in class data strategy that drives our leading benefits guidance products. Specifically, the candidate will own the build and implementation of data-centric strategies and models, with a heavy emphasis on healthcare claims related analysis, for a key commercial partnership.
- Manage a team of 2-3 full-time analysts and 1-2 contractors to;
- Use data analytics expertise to build models and strategies that generate actionable opportunities aligned to our partners’ business objectives
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to identify and prioritize data analytics needs that drive growth and innovation in product development
- Analyze data to spot trends and provide insights that can be used to better understand, improve, and predict product opportunities
- Leverage data warehouse to perform healthcare claims analytics to identify product opportunities for a specific partner
- Provide written reports that summarize the data approach and provide conclusions and actionable recommendations
- Identify opportunities to enhance and further automate current data collection, visualization, and reporting techniques to better manage the business
- Contribute to an efficient and effective data architecture that enables us to collect, store, analyze, model and report data for their software solutions and digital platforms
- Ensure strategies built are in compliance with relevant regulations and data protection laws
- Influence relationships with third-party partners and data providers to ensure data quality, accuracy, and security
For this role, we are looking for someone that is …
- Experienced: 7+ years of relevant experience in data and analytics
- At least 2 years of management experience
- At least 3 years of experience in healthcare claims analysis is required
- Ability to lead the conception and design of analytics use cases
- Ability to partner with cross-functional teams to deliver innovative data and analytics solutions
- Mastery in interpreting and presenting statistics, organized and unstructured data analysis, predictive modeling approaches, and data visualization
- Expertise in data warehousing, data modeling, and database design
- Knowledge of R, SQL, and Python and experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Looker or Power BI
- Ability to convert data into usable information and insights that are easy for a non-technical audience to understand
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills
- Critical thinking skills, plus the intellectual curiosity to question/test assumptions
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills - able to influence across multiple areas of the business
- Customer-centric mindset. Experience interfacing with external stakeholders, partners and vendors - proven experience in external stakeholder management
The salary range for New York based candidates for this role is $145,000-$190,000. We use a location factor to adjust this range for candidates that are located outside of geographic region of our New York office. Placement within the salary band is determined based on experience.
#LI-HYBRID (if NY)
Why Join Nayya?
- Be an early employee of a quickly growing, VC-backed start-up - grow with us!
- Have a meaningful impact on a platform that is scaling very rapidly
- Contribute to a values-based culture with an emphasis on empowerment and autonomy
- Work in a highly collaborative, cross-functional environment
- Benefits include: Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
Nayya is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics