Product Design Lead
At Nayya, we believe there’s a better way to choose benefits. A more transparent, less confusing way for employees to control their health and financial potential. Powered by billions of data points and machine learning, our benefits experience platform delivers personalized decision support and guidance during open enrollment, new employee onboarding, qualifying life events, and in the moments that matter all year round. This is one of the most stressful and challenging situations consumers face – and we see that as an opportunity to build an innovative response that can help millions of Americans possess the control and understanding they deserve.
About the Role
Nayya is looking for a Product Design Lead who will be responsible for both the look and feel of a product that will be accessed by millions of employees to choose and use their benefits. You care deeply about your customers, always looking for ways to craft simple solutions out of complex problems, based on data and user research. You are a fully proficient individual contributor who is also able to provide design guidance to the design team. We’re looking for a person who enjoys collaborating with Product, Engineering, and Marketing to produce value for our users and customers.
- Collaborate with Product & Engineering to realize the Nayya product vision and create simple, delightful experiences for end users
- Define project requirements alongside Product and Engineering
- Outline and communicate your vision to the team using mock-ups, documentation, and prototypes
- Conduct user research and use data to deeply understand and advocate for users’ needs, developing insights that translate into best-in-class product design
- Collaborate with Marketing to conduct and understand market and user research, to research and develop user personas, and to develop the brand identity and voice, ensuring consistent messaging across multiple channels
- Conduct A/B tests to continuously improve product performance to KPIs
- Partner cross-functionally (Product, Marketing, Partner Success) to boost product engagement, adoption and satisfaction
- 5+ years of UX, UI, or product design experience
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Experience delivering against multiple concurrent projects with cross-functional teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to present and communicate new ideas and concepts to stakeholders, including C-Level executives.
- Experience developing wireframes and prototypes
- Experience designing products and features from the ground up
- Experience with user research and user research methodologies
- Proficiency with design tools (e.g. Figma) and prototyping tools
- The ability to balance design best practices with the need to move quickly and iterate
- An outstanding portfolio that demonstrates strong typography, systems thinking, and visual design
- Industry experience with employee benefits or insurance is a plus
The salary range for New York based candidates for this role is $160,000- $185,000. We use a location factor to adjust this range for candidates that are located outside of geographic region of our New York office. Placement within the salary band is determined based on experience.
Why Join Nayya?
- Be an early employee of a quickly growing, VC-backed start-up - grow with us!
- Have a meaningful impact on a platform that is scaling very rapidly
- Contribute to a values-based culture with an emphasis on empowerment and autonomy
- Work in a highly collaborative, cross-functional environment
- Benefits include: Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
Nayya is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics