Head of Programs
Noya is reversing climate change by removing CO2 from the atmosphere. We’re a scrappy team of engineers, scientists, and operators taking on the biggest problem anybody could be working on. We’ve developed a process that leverages abundant materials to remove CO2 directly from the air with dramatically lower capital and operating expenses than other approaches.
About the Role:
In this pivotal role, you will play a critical part in the long-term success of Noya’s mission. Leveraging your expertise in program management, you will guide the inception of our first commercial installation. You'll be a key member of a multidisciplinary team, collaborating with Mechanical Engineers, Electrical Engineers, Chemical Engineers, and Scientists. Working alongside building code consultants and essential suppliers, your role involves taking our innovative Direct Air Capture approach from its initial pilot stage at Noya HQ to a fully realized commercial demonstration.
Your leadership will drive the planning and execution phases while striving for enhanced efficiency in subsequent installations. Beyond the excitement of launching our inaugural commercial carbon vacuum, your role will be dynamic, encompassing various aspects of our Operations.
Though your title will be "Head of Programs," you'll find yourself responding to a wide array of internal and external demands - every day will be an exciting challenge! In this role you’ll be an individual contributor with a leadership mindset. You'll immerse yourself in a sea of untapped potential, brimming with opportunities for unimaginable growth. Ultimately, we seek an inquisitive leader who aspires to secure a brighter future for all of humanity.
• Partner with stakeholders to develop program roadmaps and establish milestones for product development and commercialization with consensus from the team as well as leadership.
• Identify and address key program risks related to timing, costs, resourcing, or other critical program metrics, devising effective tracking and mitigation plans. Resolve implementation challenges as they arise.
• Ensure timely and budget-compliant delivery of program roadmaps and uphold accountability for deadlines and budgets among stakeholders.
• Create, roll out and manage a robust process for program reviews, prioritization, decision-making, and resource allocation.
• Implement program management tools and best practices company-wide.
• Manage necessary resources for our pilot launch, engaging with suppliers as needed to guarantee on-time deliveries.
• You have a minimum of 8 years of technical program management experience, 4 of those focused on hardware products.
• You are experienced managing complex projects independently and effectively tracking costs, resources, and timelines.
• You execute calmly in the face of high-pressure, fast-paced, and intricate projects, always ensuring your stakeholders are informed.
• You have top notch communication skills - you are proficient in conveying our processes to stakeholders with varying levels of technical expertise.
• You are scrappy and can do an efficient job with basic tools like spreadsheets or google docs.
• You have a background in Chemical, Electrical, Mechanical Engineering, or other technical fields (either through undergraduate studies or professional experience).
Job title: Head of Programs
Location: Headquarters in Oakland, CA
Compensation: $150,000 - $170,000
Benefits You Can Expect:
Blue Shield and Kaiser medical plans, plus 100% employer-sponsored dental, vision, life and LTD coverage
Generous stock option compensation
401(k) with company match
PTO including 13 paid holidays throughout the year
Healthy snacks and lunch from local restaurants
Paid parental leave
Supportive commuter benefits
Amazing workplace to build first-of-a-kind Direct Air Capture technology, close to West Oakland coffee shops and restaurants
The opportunity to work towards an impactful mission in the climate space
Noya is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a diverse team that reflects a broad range of backgrounds, thought, and experiences. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic. Women, people of color, and people from underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.