Nuvocargo is reinventing the $2 trillion freight forwarding industry. We are a digital-first freight forwarder using a mix of technology and exceptional service to help companies seamlessly move products across the Americas, starting with the biggest trade lane in the world: Mexico <-> USA cross-border trucking. We are excited to announce that in June 2023 Nuvocargo has raised a $36.5M Series B round led by QED investors at a valuation north of $250M, more than 40 percent higher than our valuation in December 2021
The opportunity for you:
As Pricing Associate, you will focus on the fast-paced brokerage aspect at one of the fastest growing cross-border freight brokers offering both carriers and shippers a differentiated value proposition through technology and attractive payment terms.
What you'll do in a typical week:
- Responsible for executing pricing strategies in line with both Nuvocargo’s network needs and customer satisfaction to maximize both volume and profitability. Analysts should pursue becoming a regional “subject matter expert” daily in both the US and Mexico.
- Analyze internal / external networks to identify the right opportunities and offer competitive pricing solutions.
- Field all pricing requests through the pricing portal and respond in a timely manner.
- Take lead on all formal RFQ bids and ensure they are submitted.
- Use forecasting and strategic planning to ensure accurate pricing.
- Access internal portfolio development and monitor market trends.
- Collaborate across Pricing, Sales, Carrier and Operations in a constant pursuit of achieving company goals.
What you know:
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, actuarial sciences, economy or a related field.
- 1+ year of work experience.
- You speak both English & Spanish. For this particular role at Nuvocargo, switching between English & Spanish will be part of your daily activities.
- You have advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel and you’ve worked with SQL/Python; familiarity with alternate data analysis and visualization platforms a plus.
Who you are:
- You move with speed. You move incredibly fast, overcoming obstacles with speed. You are nimble and help solve problems.
- You are low ego. Collaboration is your best method. You don’t care or remember who came up with the best idea.
- You find joy in excellence. You love doing things the right way, and are always looking for both incremental and critical ways to improve your work, your team, and your processes.
- You manage stress well. Logistics can be quite stressful; the freight never stops moving, exceptions happen all the time, and sometimes shippers and carriers make our life hard. You are the person everyone wants on their team during the stressful times, because you keep your calm and are always looking for solutions instead of complaining.
What we offer:
- A unique & fun culture at the intersection of the freight and technology industries as well as between the USA and Latin American work cultures.
- Above market salary, benefits, and a robust employee stock ownership program to make you an owner and partner of the business.
- Remote-first location strategy and allows you to work from wherever. Hybrid office / work from home model that allows for flexibility and collaboration time in our Polanco / New York City office. Beautiful modern Polanco office space that is perfect for collaboration.
- A chance to join the ground floor of a well-funded, fast-growing startup that is modernizing a trillion dollar industry critical to the global economy.
Nuvocargo is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We look forward to working with you!
More about Nuvocargo:
International logistics is the multi-trillion dollar connective tissue of the world economy, but it's been slow to leverage the power of technology; it's finally going digital, and Nuvocargo is playing a big role in driving this historic shift.
We believe that true expertise in logistics cannot be automated and is incredibly valuable; however, we think software and technology can give logistics professionals superpowers to help provide shippers with the best service, and make everyone's lives easier.
We're growing quickly, and are backed by some of the world's best investors from both Silicon Valley and Latin America such as Tiger Global Management, The Flexport Fund, QED (founders of $60B+ Capital One), NFX (Silicon Valley fund with $10bn in exits), the founders of Nubank ($30B+), Loft ($3B+), Ramp ($2B+), and Rappi ($5B+), Y Combinator (~1% acceptance rate, created $300bn worth of startups), and angels who have built, excited, or currently sit on the board of companies worth over $100 billion.
We will be using the funds of the round to keep investing in Nuvo OS, expanding to serve all major border crossings, and ramp up our business development efforts to specifically help US-based brands simplify their US/MX OTR cross-border freight supply chains. We will also keep investing in scaling up our existing products: Freight, QuickPay, and Customs, with the funds of this round; just a few months ago, we announced our Customs product which is helping shippers centralize both Freight & Customs and resulting in an average of 33% faster border crossings, reducing vendor management, and giving clients deeper visibility at the border.
Read more about us here: www.nuvocargo.com/about and feel free to reach out with any questions.
We look forward to working with you!