Nuvocargo is reinventing the $2 trillion freight forwarding industry. We are a digital-first freight forwarder using a mix of technology and exceptional service to help companies seamlessly move products across the Americas, starting with the biggest trade lane in the world: Mexico <-> USA cross-border trucking. We are excited to announce that in June 2023 Nuvocargo has raised a $36.5M Series B round led by QED investors at a valuation north of $250M, more than 40 percent higher than our valuation in December 2021
The opportunity for you:
Data drives Nuvocargo! We're looking for a rockstar data engineer to help us create the future of staking. As a data engineer, you'll be a key strategic partner to the operational team and lead the way for key strategic initiatives. You'll shine the light on everything from key business KPIs and metrics and operational optimization to protocol risk and understanding.
You will take on the challenge of understanding the complex Freight industry and use your data expertise to establish order from chaos. You will work closely with a cross-functional team of Marketplace and operation managers to visualize the key metrics discover the business opportunities, and optimize Nuvocargo's business. You will build foundational datasets to power analytics as well as feature sets to power machine learning models.
You'll collaborate with our world-class EPD team led by veterans who have held senior product and engineering positions early on at companies like Shopify, Dropbox ($10B+), and Common (raised $100m+)to shape the direction of our shipper offering and internal tools in an industry where the average customer NPS is negative or very low, and where most internal processes do not rely on modern software tools to unlock revenue growth and a superior customer experience.
Who are you?
- You have 3+ years of relevant experience in a data analyst/statistical analysis role
- You have a strong technical background.
- Experience ELT data modeling, especially with DBT (data build tool) is a plus; building analytical narratives using data visualization.
- Skilled in building visualizations in Looker, including strong LookML coding skills
- You have advanced SQL Skills. Experience building aggregates and optimizing data workstreams
- You move with speed. You move incredibly fast, making decisions and overcoming obstacles with speed. You can ruthlessly prioritize and make speedy decisions considering qualitative and quantitative data, user needs, business goals, and company resources.
- You create structure out of ambiguity. Logistics is a complex industry with multiple stakeholders involved in every transaction. You will thrive here if you can extract structured insights and determine product priorities by merely observing and conversing with our stakeholders.
- You are both a great communicator and listener. You are great at synthesizing inputs from different sources; you speak and write clearly, concisely, and with a structure that gets everyone on the same page when things feel messy.
What you'll do in a typical week:
- Partner with the program team to create key performance indicators and new methodologies for measurement.
- Understand drivers, and impacts on key influences on business dynamics and productivity.
- Translate data into actionable insights for the stakeholders.
- Automate reporting for weekly business metrics; identify areas of opportunity to automate and scale ad-hoc analyses.
What we offer
- A unique & fun culture at the intersection of Latin America and Silicon Valley
- Competitive salary and stock options
- The opportunity to shape the technological foundations of a venture-backed company
- A chance to join the ground floor of a well-funded, fast-growing startup that modernizes an industry critical to the global economy.
We look forward to working with you!
More about Nuvocargo:
International logistics is the multi-trillion dollar connective tissue of the world economy, but it's been slow to leverage the power of technology; it's finally going digital, and Nuvocargo is playing a big role in driving this historic shift.
We believe that true expertise in logistics cannot be automated and is incredibly valuable; however, we think software and technology can give logistics professionals superpowers to help provide shippers with the best service, and make everyone's lives easier.
We're growing quickly, and are backed by some of the world's best investors from both Silicon Valley and Latin America such as Tiger Global Management, The Flexport Fund, QED (founders of $60B+ Capital One), NFX (Silicon Valley fund with $10bn in exits), the founders of Nubank ($30B+), Loft ($3B+), Ramp ($2B+), and Rappi ($5B+), Y Combinator (~1% acceptance rate, created $300bn worth of startups), and angels who have built, excited, or currently sit on the board of companies worth over $100 billion.
We will be using the funds of the round to keep investing in Nuvo OS, expanding to serve all major border crossings, and ramp up our business development efforts to specifically help US-based brands simplify their US/MX OTR cross-border freight supply chains. We will also keep investing in scaling up our existing products: Freight, QuickPay, and Customs, with the funds of this round; just a few months ago, we announced our Customs product which is helping shippers centralize both Freight & Customs and resulting in an average of 33% faster border crossings, reducing vendor management, and giving clients deeper visibility at the border.
Read more about us here: www.nuvocargo.com/about and feel free to reach out with any questions.
We look forward to working with you!