Customer Success Representative
Customer Service, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Saturday, July 22, 2023
At Obie, we are shaking up landlord insurance, making it easily available for landlords and real estate investors both when and where they need it. With a focus on driving efficiency and innovation for our customers and within our team, we’re on the search for new talent that can take Obie to the next level.
At Obie, you’ll collaborate with a diverse team that embraces evidence-based decision making, learns from failure, accepts feedback, and is always prepared to make changes for the better. You’ll be expected to operate with flexibility and leverage your curiosity to drive innovation while collaborating with colleagues across teams and areas of expertise. Our ideal teammates are kind, passionate, committed to excellence and eager to nerd out over the best ways to make Obie even better.
Brief Summary of Role
Obie is looking for an innovative, bright, motivated, and hard-working individual to join our team to help us accomplish our mission of combining insurance know-how, innovative technology, and world-class service to delight our customers.
Those successful in this role will have a strong intellectual curiosity and a desire to help others solve problems. Additionally, you’ll be self motivated and directed. An ability to collaborate is a must, but you will be autonomous and expected to succeed without heavy direction.
What You'll Do:
- Move fast to contact current clients within target time frames and develop relationships with customers to deliver a truly outstanding sales experience
- Work closely with current customers to educate them on the benefits of our programs and products while ensuring all accounts are serviced appropriately
- Work closely with referral sources and carrier contacts to successfully deliver for our customers
- Crush your monthly service goals
- Strive to follow processes related to customer follow up and data gathering
- Maintain the existing culture predicated on motivation and positive reinforcement while upholding a standard of accountability to self, team and company
- Complete other duties as assigned
What You'll Bring: (Required)
- 2+ years working in insurance customer service
- An active Property & Casualty insurance license is required
- Detail orientation in everything you do: there is a lot of customer and policy information flying by you – having a keen eye here is essential
- Experience and comfort using a variety of software tools from Excel and G Suite, to policy management and accounting systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to assist with customer needs, problem solve, answer questions, and leave a positive impression
- Fearlessness and adaptability in a fast-moving, ever changing environment and ability to work on multiple tasks at once
- Personal standard for excellence: Strong process orientation and interest in finding better ways to do things
- Ability to prioritize competing demands and manage time effectively
- Positive “can do” attitude and a desire to contribute to a growing, energetic work environment
We want you at your best, and won't be giving you any gotcha-style questions - we aren't like that. We want to get to know you, hear about what you're interested in, and learn about what you hope to do in the future. You should familiarize yourself with these resources before continuing:
a. Our company’s blog to learn more about the space we’re working in and where we write about landlord insurance.
b. Check out our Twitter and LinkedIn to get a glimpse of how people interact with our brand and product.
c. Some posts with and about us around the web (Inc 5000, Estate Innovation, Geek Estate Blog, Business Wire, Innovate State)
1. Meet us and learn about Obie
You'll first talk to Mary on a 30 minute call; you won't need to prepare anything in advance. The goal of this conversation is to get to know you and mutually explore if we might be a good fit for each other. You'll learn more about Obie and have a chance to ask any questions about our company, team, culture, and product.
2. Meet the hiring manager
You'll get to have a 45 minute video interview with the hiring manager, David Dail. This discussion will be more technical in nature to ensure you have the skills needed to be successful in the role.
3. Project exercise
We will present you with a short exercise to complete, so please be thorough and use the resources available to you. More on this when you get there!
4. Meet the team
Since you'll be joining a close-knit team, we'll ask you to meet other people in the company so we get to know each other a bit better.
More About Obie
Founded in 2017, Obie is paving a new path in insurance for landlords and real estate investors. Obie’s goal is to fundamentally change how insurance is bought and sold by building technology and insurance products that increase ease and accessibility for the 17 million residential real estate investors and landlords in the US. Obie offers a superior insurance experience, allowing real estate investors and landlords to obtain the right coverage where it’s most convenient for them, whether that means using our digital quote tools, working with independent agents, or finding us through our integrations with industry partners.
With over 6,000 active policy holders, and over $20 billion in coverage secured, Obie has still barely scratched the surface of its growth potential. That growth is supported by $39 million secured in funding, positioning it perfectly to continue revolutionizing the industry.
Obie has you covered
Being in the insurance industry, we understand the importance of comprehensive benefits for you and your family. These are just some of the benefits and perks we provide:
Flexible time off with an encouraged minimum time away to support a healthy work-life balance
12 weeks of Paid Parental Leave
Great health, dental and vision coverage
Flexible Spending & Health Savings Accounts
Pet Insurance Reimbursement
Health and wellness benefit
Equipment budget - everything you need to do your best work
Professional development support