Spain Payroll Specialist
We're Ontop https://www.getontop.com/ , a fast-growing payment platform that is breaking the boundaries of contracts worldwide. We're also a team that's rocking remote work! 🚀🌍
PAYROLL SPECIALIST - SPAIN
The Payroll Specialist is responsible for ensuring that the entire payroll process for the full-time
employees is within the established parameters and complies with the Spain labor, social
security and tax legislation.
A Payroll Specialist must be an excellent analyst capable of calculating, analyzing and
interpreting local legislation and their related taxes and social security obligations plus benefits.
The Payroll Specialist must create, coordinate, manage and implement the policies
and flows of the Payroll Operation in the country.
The PY must also lead: calculation, validation, reporting and salary payments.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES ARE:
● Carry out the payroll calculation for the Ontop active headcount.
● Carry out the social security deductions and retentions for Ontop and its active
● Carry out the tax calculation, deduction and retention for Ontop and its active headcount.
● Grant support to tax stakeholders for providing correct information for tax filing and
● Carry out correct calculation of additional benefits and additional payments required by
● Provide support to employee coordinators or employees in case of doubts and queries
related to payroll.
● Became the main point of contact for payroll improvement and implementation
considering acquisitions, upgrades or developments related to payroll systems, internal
● Became the main point of contact for internal and external audits related to payroll,
social security & benefits.
● Proven experience as a Payroll Specialist under Spain legislation.
● Knowledge of human resources processes and best practices.
● Strong ability in using MS Office.
● Strong knowledge of federal and state employment law.
● Experience working with Spain local benefits and social security.
● Analytical and critical thinking.
● Are hands-on, self-motivated, always curious, and consistently eager to learn.
● Thrive in a dynamic and collaborative environment and are comfortable with ambiguity.
●Able to address issues, take ownership of challenging scenarios and bring them to resolution
Some important things that you should know:
-We offer 100% remote work and payment up to 2.1K USD per month 🏖️
-Type of contract is an independent contractor agreement (you need to pay your taxes and social security as an independent contractor)📝
-You can have paid time off once you complete 6 months at Ontop 🪂
We're excited to meet you, apply below!