OP3N was founded in 2021 as a subsidiary of EST Media Holdings, OP3N imagines a world where every human can create, own, and connect their ideas to community. Our mission is to be a launchpad for ideas and communities to create meaningful experiences together by consolidating the tools needed to mint, share and engage with NFTs and digital tokens into one vertical stack.
OP3N leverages its cross-industry expertise from the entertainment, gaming and tech ecosystems to lay the foundations for a new era of community-driven, inclusive entertainment while bringing everyone together on a journey into Web3.
We’re looking for an experienced Principal Software Engineer to drive the architectural design, including dependent services, service interactions, and policies as we continue to build a first-of-its-kind web3 super app. This is a unique opportunity to join a small team of engineering and product leaders at the ground level, building scalable data solutions for what could be hundreds of millions of active users globally.
- Work on complex initiatives spanning multiple services/programs and drive resolution
- Work with business/product owners to architect and deliver on new services to introduce new products and features
- Drive the architectural design, including dependent services, service interactions, and policies
- Take ownership to improve the customer experience of an entire set of services/applications
- Apply judgment and experience to balance trade-offs between competing interests
- Consult across teams and across organization lines to identify synergies and reuse opportunities
- Conduct technical interviews for hiring engineering staff and raising the performance bar
- Identify and raise awareness of Silo-ed behaviors within the organization and teams
- Mentor and guide software engineers to improve engineering productivity, quality, and technology policy compliance
- Guide teams on automation/configuration management, deployment strategy, and logging and monitoring practices for high availability
- Evaluate practices, metrics, and roles to continually optimize SDLC methodologies and automate processes to improve lead time and quality
- Master’s or Bachelor's degree in software engineering, computer science, information technology or related discipline preferred, or equivalent work experience
- Able to promote and coach teams on full stack development and facilitate end-to-end service ownership, leading and coaching teams to perform software planning and estimation for large scale complex programs
- Ability to drive trade-off discussions to set the right development capacity based on value drivers (e.g., regulatory, security, new business, market parity, technical debt)
- Has experience to cost-effectively architect systems to meet the scaling needs of different markets (e.g. on localization)
- Able to succinctly articulate architecture patterns of complex systems, with business and technical implications, to executive and customer stakeholders
- Applies expertise of scalable and resilient architecture patterns and design to oversee the automation infrastructure, develop a strategic roadmap towards automation, and identify areas to improve upon scalability and sustainability
- Has experience to define and drive advanced chaos and other operational testing practices to test points of failures, monitors, and system behaviors under adverse conditions (e.g., resource spikes, network congestion, component or infrastructure failure)