At Pareto.AI, we’re on a mission to enable top talent around the world to participate in the development of cutting-edge AI models.
In the coming years, AI models will transform how we work and create thousands of new AI training jobs for skilled talent around the world. We’ve joined forces with top AI and crowdwork researchers at Character.AI, Imbue, Stanford, and UPenn to build a fair and ethical platform for AI developers to collaborate with domain experts to train bespoke AI models.
As a fully remote and global venture-backed startup headquartered in San Francisco, we have a 20-member core team and a 150-member operations team.
About this role
We’re inviting all levels and domains of talent to join our 100+ member operations team as an Analyst. This role is fully remote, has a flexible time commitment, and is compensated on a project basis. As a Pareto Analyst, you’ll learn fundamental skills, from remote collaboration to leadership, via our week-long onboarding boot camp, get matched to well-compensated data projects, join a supportive community of peers, and receive continuous feedback to drive your learning and development.
We make it our priority to promote talent from within our team and run performance reviews every 6 months to identify rising leaders. We’re proud that more than 90% of Pareto’s leadership team joined our company as Analysts.
You'd be a great fit at Pareto if you:
- Are Reliable. Micro-managing is not something that we practice in Pareto. We encourage our Analysts to be resourceful and practice critical thinking when necessary. Therefore, we expect our Analysts to work on their own, get tasks done with very minimal reminders, and ask questions as necessary to be able to move forward with their assigned projects.
- Are a self-directed learner. You go the extra mile or go above your normal job responsibilities to make things happen. You take it upon yourself to understand what you need to be able to carry out your tasks effectively. You are not afraid to take charge of the situation and organize for the benefit of the team, including yourself.
- Have a growth mindset. As a start-up company, expect that changes are bound to happen at every turn. We never stop learning. Every day is an opportunity to learn something new. You must be willing to roll with the punches and adjust to new processes as needed.
- Have high attention to detail. You see even the smallest of details. 🐙
What you’ll do:
- Identify and understand customer business goals & needs.
- Complete tasks with a team of analysts as guided by project managers.
- Communicate transparently with peers and managers regarding progress, challenges, and blockers.
- Ask questions to seek the information you need to complete tasks successfully.
- Quality assures your work to ensure high-quality completion and delivery of tasks.
- Engage in community activities & required meetings.
- Collaborate closely and openly with all project stakeholders.
What you’ll need:
- An excellent command of the English language.
- A minimum of 6 months working experience (remote or in-person).
- A minimum internet connection speed of 5mbps.
- A computer processor of i5 / Ryzen 3 and above for Windows users; i3 and above for Mac users.
- A minimum system requirement of 8GB of RAM and 256GB of memory.
- A strong understanding and creative use of AI and software tools.
- A strong desire for continuous learning and improvement
- A can-do attitude.
Tools you’ll use:
- GoogleApps (and extensions)
- GSuite (GDocs, GSheets, etc.)
What’s in store for you:
- Flexible work hours: Some projects may require US hours.
- Monthly payout
- Project bonuses
- Bi-annual performance review & promotions:
- We have many growth opportunities for high-performers.
- We promote over 90% of our managers & leaders from within our team.
- Mentorship and skills training
- Supportive, tight-knit community
Thanks for reading through this! If you believe that you qualify for this position, submit your application and we will contact you if you are shortlisted.