At Pareto.AI, we’re on a mission to enable top talent around the world to participate in the development of cutting-edge AI models. In the coming years, AI models will transform how we work and create thousands of new AI training jobs for skilled talent around the world. We’ve joined forces with top AI and crowdwork researchers at Character.AI, Imbue, Stanford, and UPenn to build a fair and ethical platform for AI developers to collaborate with domain experts to train bespoke AI models. As a fully remote and global venture-backed startup headquartered in San Francisco, we have a 20-member core team and a 150-member operations team.
About this role
We’re seeking a Solution Engineer to work alongside our sales, operations, customer success, and engineering teams. You will play a pivotal role in bridging the gap between our innovative technology solutions and the unique needs of our enterprise-level customers, utilizing your creativity to hack together effective solutions that address specific challenges.
You'd be a great fit at Pareto if:
- You value dedicated teamwork, respect, and curiosity, as well as navigating communication in cross-functional, culturally diverse environments.
- You excel at breaking down complex business challenges, offering creative solutions, and collaborating seamlessly with cross-functional teams to deliver transformative results for our enterprise customers.
- You are devoted to meticulously overseeing projects from initiation to successful completion, ensuring seamless progress and successful outcomes.
- You have a strong track record of project management and delivering results on time and within budget.
- You are comfortable working in fast-paced environments and can adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- You have excellent communication skills and can effectively convey complex ideas to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Proficient in rapid prototyping, you creatively address complex challenges, collaborating seamlessly with cross-functional teams to deliver transformative results for enterprise customers.
- Collaborate with prospective and existing customers to understand their business requirements and challenges.
- Develop and prototype tailored solutions using the company's products or services to address customer needs.
- Conduct product demonstrations and presentations to showcase the capabilities and benefits of the proposed solutions.
- Take ownership of projects, managing them from initiation to successful delivery, ensuring alignment with customer expectations and project timelines.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including sales, operations, customer success, and engineering, to ensure a cohesive approach to customer solutions.
- Maintain a deep understanding of the company's products, technologies, and industry trends, serving as a subject matter expert for both internal teams and external customers.
- Establish a feedback loop with customers to gather insights, understand evolving needs, and contribute to product enhancements.
What you’ll need:
- Educational background in web development (flexible regarding relevant degrees, certifications, and work experience).
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in project management, solution engineering, software development, or customer engagement.
- Strong skills in Rest API usage.
- Familiarity with product and design lifecycles, collaborating effectively with designers and product managers.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to articulate technical concepts clearly.
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, showcasing adaptability to evolving project dynamics.
Nice to have:
- A background in data engineering or data science
- Machine learning or AI knowledge
- Familiarity with Postgres or SQL
- Proficiency with Django and Django Rest Framework
- UI/UX understanding
- Customer facing experience
More about the role:
- Ground floor opportunity at a venture-backed startup.
- International and dynamic work environment with flat hierarchies and space for ownership.
- Challenging and diverse projects for continuous growth.
- Competitive salary and equity package.
- Annual stipend to support home office needs.
- Medical insurance reimbursement.
- We’re a remote-first company with an engineering team spread across the US, Africa, and Latin America, with a greater team that extends to Asia, too. To make this work, we have core collaboration hours set from 8 am to 1 pm Pacific, during which we have our stand-ups, planning meetings, or retros.
- Django 5
- Python 3.12
- React 18.2
Our engineering interview process:
- Cultural interview with CEO.
- Technical interview with the engineering team, including a technical challenge and discussion of past experiences.
- Short technical challenge followed by a presentation to the core team.
Learn more and apply here: https://coda.io/@hellopareto/join-our-team/solution-engineer-remote-global-52