Taguig, Metro Manila, Philippines
Posted on Tuesday, June 20, 2023
PayMongo builds the most advanced online payments infrastructure in SE Asia, starting in the Philippines. Over the next few years, we will build a broad suite of products that aims to lower the barriers and remove all the complexities in payments. We are rapidly expanding to serve diverse needs of thousands of business. To continue on this exponential period of growth, we seek to build the best and the most diverse team of thinkers, doers and starters.
PayMongo is, at its heart, an engineering company. We run multiple software systems and platform that power thousands of businesses. Our platform processes payments, detects fraud, enable merchants settlements, among many capabilities that help entrepreneurs and businesses scale online. Helping us build these systems are software engineers, building the core of the business and making some of the most significant decisions for the company.
In this role, you will get to work with other engineers, product managers and business leads to build features and products that our merchants love. You will be working on systems that span across the platform and collaborate with other teams in the company to understand and solve our users' pain points.
- Design, develop and maintain APIs, services and systems across the entire platform at PayMongo.
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack.
- Work with other engineers in the company to build new features and products at scale.
- Uphold our high engineering standards and bring consistency to the many codebases and processes you will encounter.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the company such as experts in product, design, infrastructure and compliance.
You might work on:
- Building new APIs for our users, or iterating on existing APIs.
- Launching new products, checkout experiences or payment methods.
- Building new tools for our internal operations, compliance and business teams.
- Crafting and refining onboarding experiences to help users get to what they want faster while balancing regulatory, risk and compliance requirements.
- Improving and adding functionalities to the PayMongo dashboard to help our customers run their business.
You may be a fit if:
- You have an extensive experience in shipping high-quality code and products.
- You enjoy being generalist, sometimes working on the frontend or backend—anything it takes to solve problems and delight users both internally and externally.
- You thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts.
- You can stitch together many different services and processes together even if you have not worked with them before.
- You can put yourself in the shoes of our users and be a steward of crafting great experiences.
- You enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different expertise.
- You uphold best practices in engineering, security, quality and design.
PayMongo is a financial technology company enabling businesses to receive payments online easily. We started the company in March 2019, and we are backed by Silicon Valley's most forward-thinking investors including Y Combinator, Peter Thiel, Founders Fund and Stripe. We are looking for people with passion, grit and the integrity to help us build the future of payments.