Software Engineering, Legal
Posted on Friday, July 14, 2023
PayMongo builds the most advanced online payments infrastructure in SE Asia, starting in the Philippines. Over the next few years, we will build a broad suite of products that aims to lower the barriers and remove all the complexities in payments. We are rapidly expanding to serve diverse needs of thousands of business. To continue on this exponential period of growth, we seek to build the best and the most diverse team of thinkers, doers and starters.
As a Compliance Officer, you will serve as the main point person for review of documents submitted by our partners and customers, ensuring that they meet our compliance policies and obligations with regulators and our financial partners.
- Draft and implement policies, procedures, processes, systems, governance and internal controls for the compliance program, to ensure licensing commitments and legal conditions are met
- Product regulatory compliance performance report for management or board, including trend analysis and recommend strategies
- Create training materials for the business and consult with the business to develop corrective action plans and effectively manage change to ensure regulatory compliance
- Collaborate across teams, including engineering, product and risk to design, review and execute a scalable framework to ensure PayMongo meets its regulatory and financial service license compliance obligations
- Respond to audits and regulatory assessments and remediate any issues identified from report findings
You may be fit if:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in finance, business management, or a related field
- You have at least 2-3 years proven experience in Compliance
- You have good knowledge of legal requirements and procedures
- You have the knack to be updated in any changes in the advisories from BSP and other regulators
- You are attentive to details and loves to do researchYou have good written and verbal communication
PayMongo is a financial technology company enabling businesses to receive payments online easily. We started the company in March 2019, and we are backed by Silicon Valley's most forward-thinking investors including Y Combinator, Peter Thiel, Founders Fund and Stripe. We are looking for people with passion, grit and the integrity to help us build the future of payments.