Taguig, Metro Manila, Philippines
Posted on Thursday, September 7, 2023
PayMongo builds the most advanced online payments infrastructure in SE Asia, starting in the Philippines. Over the next few years, we will build a broad suite of products that aims to lower the barriers and remove all the complexities in payments. We are rapidly expanding to serve diverse needs of thousands of business. To continue on this exponential period of growth, we seek to build the best and the most diverse team of thinkers, doers and starters.
Reporting directly to the Chief Legal Officer, the Legal Counsel is part of a team of lawyers accountable for providing legal advice and ensuring the PayMongo Group operates in accordance with legal parameters. The Legal Counsel will support the Chief Legal Officer in managing collaboration with other departments, outside counsel, law firms and other legal services providers to ensure the Legal team is a source of expert knowledge. and provide guidance to the organization’s activities ensuring that legal issues, contracts, disputes and complex transactions are conducted within the due diligence of the legal framework
- Review legal data and provide legal advice and guidance to the company on various legal issues including contracts, litigation and regulatory compliance
- Identify and evaluate business and legal risks and find creative ways to mitigate them while achieving business goals
- Acts as advisor and manages coordination with external counsel on legal issues including but not limited to the organization’s government and regulatory compliance, data privacy and risk mitigation, intellectual property and patents, etc.
- Review and draft legal documents including contracts, agreements and other legal documents. Negotiate complex agreements of various types
- Conduct legal research and analysis on complex legal issues. Maintain up-to-date- knowledge of relevant laws and regulations affecting the company’s operations
- Help resolve issues that arise in existing financial and commercial relationships
- Help ensure that PayMongo’s commercial relationships comply with the applicable laws and financial partner requirements
- Work with other Legal Counsels in providing Senior Management and other departments guidance on legal matters such as sales, tax, risk and compliance. Provide legal training and support to other departments as needed.
You may be a fit if:
- You possess a Juris Doctor degree and are a member of the Philippine Bar
- You have extensive experience practicing corporate law in both a law firm setting or as part of an internal organization’s legal team.
- You have extensive knowledge and experience of contract law, corporate law and regulatory compliance
- You have strong analytical and problem solving skills
- You have excellent stakeholder management and communication skills
- You have strong negotiation and interpersonal skills, demonstrating the ability to work with cross functional teams.
- Experience in fintech industry or financial services industry is a plus
PayMongo is a financial technology company enabling businesses to receive payments online easily. We started the company in March 2019, and we are backed by Silicon Valley's most forward-thinking investors including Y Combinator, Peter Thiel, Founders Fund and Stripe. We are looking for people with passion, grit and the integrity to help us build the future of payments.