Software Engineering, Operations
Sterling, VA, USA
Posted on Monday, October 2, 2023
PayMongo builds the most advanced online payments infrastructure in SE Asia, starting in the Philippines. Over the next few years, we will build a broad suite of products that aims to lower the barriers and remove all the complexities in payments. We are rapidly expanding to serve diverse needs of thousands of business. To continue on this exponential period of growth, we seek to build the best and the most diverse team of thinkers, doers and starters.
As a Procurement Officer, you will be part of the Finance team and will be responsible for managing the procurement process to acquire goods and services required by the organization. You will manage the procurement process in such a manner that optimizes practices, promotes efficiency, adheres to compliance and regulatory requirements and contributes to overall cost savings.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Sourcing. Identify potential suppliers and vendors to build and maintain a robust vendor database. Conduct market research to stay updated on industry trends in evaluating new products and services.
- Vendor Accreditation and Contract Management. Work in close collaboration with Legal, Compliance and Finance in the review of procurement contracts, ensuring they are aligned with the company’s policies and regulatory requirements. Secure necessary information from vendors for accreditation and copies of fully executed agreement documents for filling.
- Purchase Requisitions. Work with various cross-functional teams for their procurement needs and provide guidance on the procurement process and appropriate solutions and strategies in line with the requirement. Reviews and evaluates purchase requisitions to ensure alignment with PayMongo’s strategy and overall objective.
- Competitive Bidding. Carry out the competitive bidding process in line with the Company’s policy and procedure. Evaluate proposals, negotiate with vendors to optimize offerings and cost savings without compromising quality. Recommend the partner of preference based on the bidding assessment to consider long term benefit.
- Purchase order processing, contracting and fulfillment. Create purchase orders based on approved requisitions and ensure timely processing and delivery of goods and services. Coordinate with purchase requestor and suppliers for matters related to order fulfillment, resolution of any issues that may arise and ensure both parties fulfilled their contractual obligations
- Vendor Management. Manage relationships with existing suppliers with the view of negotiating the terms and conditions to get the best value for the organization. Initiate regular vendor performance assessment as defined by the policy or business need. Conduct assessment based on vendor performance ratings. Liaise and manage coordination between vendors and business stakeholders for resolving disputes and strengthening partner relationships.
- Budget and Cost Control. Work in close collaboration with Finance and various cross-functional teams to ensure procurement budget and expenditure adheres to financial guidelines and cost-effectiveness, implement cost-saving measures and negotiate discounts to optimize procurement expenses.
- Compliance and Documentation. Ensure compliance of procurement activities with company policies, processes, standards and relevant regulatory requirements. Maintain accurate and updated records of procurement activities in accordance with policies and processes. Maintain updated supplier information in the vendor database.
- Continuous Improvement. Identify opportunities for process improvement in procurement policies and procedures, implement best practices and enhance overall efficiency. Update procurement policies and procedures as necessary.
You may be a fit if:
- You have a Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, or any relevant course.
- You have prior relevant experience providing support for procurement operations in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- You have demonstrated knowledge of procurement processes, sourcing strategies and contract management
- You have excellent communication, interpersonal communication and negotiation skills
- You are a self-starter, can manage through ambiguity and work independently
PayMongo is a financial technology company enabling businesses to receive payments online easily. We started the company in March 2019, and we are backed by Silicon Valley's most forward-thinking investors including Y Combinator, Peter Thiel, Founders Fund and Stripe. We are looking for people with passion, grit and the integrity to help us build the future of payments.