Sales Development Representative
Porter is a Platform as a Service that runs in the user's own cloud. We allow users to deploy applications to their own AWS/GCP accounts by simply pointing at the code they want to run and automate devops from CI/CD to autoscaling. Under the hood, Porter runs on Kubernetes but abstracts away its complexity from the end user.
We are growing fast, small but formidable, and are at one of the most exciting junctures a startup can be at with the state of our growth. We've grown 8x in ARR since the beginning of 2022 and are profitable as of Q3 2022. We are building out a founding team in NYC who can share this journey with us. (Remote is also OK depending on circumstances - see the end of this job post)
Porter is a modern app platform that runs in the user's own cloud. Companies use Porter to simplify DevOps in their own AWS or GCP account without compromising the flexibility of running their own cloud infrastructure. Porter has grown 8x in ARR since the beginning of 2022 and is profitable.
We're looking for a sales development representative who will focus on outbound prospecting. You will be one of the very first salespeople to join a high-growth sales organization that is defining a new product category.
- Generate and prospect leads in a set of target accounts.
- Build and manage a high volume pipeline of leads effectively.
- Use research and data to prioritize and customize outreach.
- Build deep knowledge of Porter's technology and product as well as its market positioning.
- Understand a prospect's needs and effectively communicate how Porter will meet them.
- Consistently meet new business opportunities and pipeline targets.
- Hungry, self-disciplined and entrepreneurial.
- Genuine curiosity around developer tools and the problems that Porter solves.
- Consistent achievement of quota in past experiences.
- Open to feedback and always looking for ways to improve.
- Comfortable with autonomy.
- LinkedIn Sales Navigator
Our team is based in NYC, but we are open to remote hiring for those who can guarantee overlap with our core working hours (Monday through Friday, 9am-5pm ET). If you're in New York City, we're happy to discuss specific working arrangements.
Interested? Email your resume to jobs [at] porter.run and let us know why you would be a great fit for this role.
Web: React (styled-components), TypeScript Backend: Go, Kubernetes and Helm APIs, Postgres, Redis Infrastructure: AWS, GCP