DevOps Support Engineer (Eastern Time Zone)
Porter is a Platform as a Service that runs in the user's own cloud. We allow users to deploy applications to their own AWS/GCP accounts by simply pointing at the code they want to run and automate devops from CI/CD to autoscaling. Under the hood, Porter runs on Kubernetes but abstracts away its complexity from the end user.
We are growing fast, small but formidable, and are at one of the most exciting junctures a startup can be at with the state of our growth. We've grown 8x in ARR since the beginning of 2022 and are profitable as of Q3 2022. We are building out a founding team in NYC who can share this journey with us. (Remote is also OK depending on circumstances - see the end of this job post)
As a DevOps Support Engineer at Porter, you'll play a pivotal role in helping us deliver an excellent user experience for hundreds of startups.
You'll be expected to directly communicate with users while diving into Kubernetes and user infrastructure, leveraging your communication skills to provide top-notch support for our developer users. This role is not just about addressing technical issues; it's about empowering our users to make the most out of Porter.
- Be on-call during Eastern Time to ensure users receive timely support, adhering to our commitment to excellence and reliability.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues related to Kubernetes, Helm, and Docker, ensuring our users experience minimal downtime.
- Offer expert advice and solutions to our users, helping them navigate challenges and optimize their use of Porter within their own cloud (AWS/GCP/Azure).
- Collaborate with our engineering team to relay feedback from users, driving improvements in Porter's functionality and usability.
Who we're looking for:
We're in search of a candidate who thrives in fast-paced environments and is adept at juggling multiple tasks. Your ability to communicate with technical users will be key to success in this role. A strong foundation in DevOps principles and Kubernetes is essential.
- Core Technologies: Kubernetes, Helm, Docker
- Programming Languages: Familiarity with Go is a plus
- Infrastructure: Experience with AWS, GCP, or similar cloud services
Our team is anchored in NYC, but this specific role is fully remote as long as you can work on an East Coast TZ.
Interested? Email your resume to jobs at porter.run and let us know why you would be a great fit for this role.
Web: React (styled-components), TypeScript Backend: Go, Kubernetes and Helm APIs, Postgres, Redis Infrastructure: AWS, GCP