Porter is a Platform as a Service that runs in the user's own cloud. We allow users to deploy applications to their own AWS/GCP accounts by simply pointing at the code they want to run and automate devops from CI/CD to autoscaling. Under the hood, Porter runs on Kubernetes but abstracts away its complexity from the end user.
We are growing fast, small but formidable, and are at one of the most exciting junctures a startup can be at with the state of our growth. We've grown 8x in ARR since the beginning of 2022 and are profitable as of Q3 2022. We are building out a founding team in NYC who can share this journey with us. (Remote is also OK depending on circumstances - see the end of this job post)
Porter is a Platform as a Service (PaaS) that runs in your own cloud. Under the hood, Porter provisions and controls Kubernetes clusters that run in the users' own AWS/GCP accounts while abstracting away the complexity of Kubernetes for developers. We are an early stage, fast growing startup and have raised funding from investors such as Venrock, Translink, and Y Combinator.
We're looking for an NYC-based or remote infrastructure engineer with extensive experience running Kubernetes in production. You will be responsible for hardening the clusters Porter provisions and battle-testing them against various stress scenarios. You will identify points of failure and productize the improvements on Porter's Kubernetes clusters across multiple cloud providers (e.g. AWS, GCP, Digital Ocean, Azure).
- Build on top of managed k8s offerings (e.g. EKS, GKE, AKS, etc.) and improve availability, latency, scalability of Porter clusters across different cloud providers.
- Implement monitoring best practices and develop recovery routines in case of critical failure.
- Embed and productize the improvements into Porter clusters via IaC (Terraform/Pulumi)
- Research opportunities for automation/productization from support tickets that arise from clients.
Sample projects you might work on:
- Ensure high availability of NGINX ingress controller against extremely high traffic (>2k/s).
- Develop a feature for scheduled cluster backups using Velero.
- Identify networking bottlenecks and reduce latency.
Porter is open source. You can view our entire codebase here.
Interested? Email your resume to jobs [at] porter.run and let us know why you would be a great fit for this role.
Web: React (styled-components), TypeScript Backend: Go, Kubernetes and Helm APIs, Postgres, Redis Infrastructure: AWS, GCP