Staff Engineer (7+ years experience)
Who We Are
Priori is ranked a Chambers Tier 1 Global LawTech company and a Financial Times Intelligent Business, Priori is the game-changing legal technology platform for in-house legal teams to find and engage external counsel.
Priori raised a $15 million Series A1 in July 2022, from Eagle Proprietary Investments, Thomson Reuters Ventures, The LegalTech Fund, Thirty Five Ventures, PEAK6 and Soma Capital in addition to existing investors Bridge Investments, Great Oaks Venture Capital, HearstLab, Mindset Ventures and Jambhala who participated in the funding round.
Our team is passionate about making the $400BN legal industry more transparent and efficient.
About the Role
- Plan and contribute to all phases of the agile development lifecycle
- Perform code review, mentor and support the work of junior developers
- Ensure use of best practices (test-driven development, continuous integration, and code standards)
- Test and maintain software products to ensure optimized functionality
- Recommend and lead continuous adoption and integration of relevant new technologies
- Clearly and regularly communicate with the CTO, Engineering Manager, Engineering Team, Product Team, and external stakeholders
- Write clean, maintainable, and efficient code
- Develop robust, scalable, and secure features
- Ruby on Rails
- 7+ years professional software development experience
- Extensive knowledge of Ruby on Rails
- Experience with responsive front-end frameworks (Bootstrap, Foundation, etc)
- Experience with version control systems, such as Git
- Understanding of Agile software development principles
- Passion for writing great, simple, clean, efficient code
- Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively