Senior Software Engineer
What is PROVEN?
Founded in 2017 by two women of color, PROVEN harnesses groundbreaking artificial intelligence to create personalized, adaptive, clinically-effective skincare tailored to each individual’s unique needs.
Our belief is simple: Everyone deserves skincare as unique as they are. Based on our proprietary, award-winning Skin Genome Project™ database—the world’s largest beauty knowledge base—our technology turns millions of scientific data points into personalized skincare formulations that deliver results.
We’re relentless in our pursuit of science; driven by our love of data; and committed to transforming the one-size-fits-all skincare industry. To date, we’ve earned MIT’s AI Technology of the Year Award and Glossy’s Best Use of Technology Award—not to mention the first-ever U.S. patent for personalization in skincare. And that’s just the start: In 2022, we launched our sister company, Noteworthy Scents, to help people discover a fragrance they love through an innovative, AI-backed fragrance experience.
We have assembled a world-class team of scientists, engineers, data analysts, creatives, marketers, business experts, customer support specialists, and operations professionals. We’re dedicated to our mission, growing quickly (over 50% just last year), and are always on the lookout for passionate team members. Join us at email@example.com!
What We’re Looking For:
As a senior individual contributor, you’ll join the work force of a fully remote team of software engineers and cross functional partners including product, design, data, algorithms, and operations. You’ll work as technical lead on projects critical to PROVEN’s success, using technology to find high impact solutions to problems. You’ll have ownership within a broad functional area, contributing to the product direction, driving technical strategies and roadmaps, and mentoring junior engineers.
What You’ll Do:
- Operate as an engaged member of the team - leading meetings, providing input on technical design documents & project plans, pairing with other engineers to work towards a solution, etc.
- Design, estimate and review new and refactored software services on the platform. Take ownership for quality of design and implementation of software components to ensure that they run securely, reliably, and at scale
- Work with internal tech teams to identify and build platform elements required to support key product features
- Collaborate closely with product, design and growth to conceptualize, design, implement, test and deploy new features for our user base
- Implement pixel-perfect and structural UI based on the detailed Figma designs provided by our design team
- Identify and execute on opportunities to improve the software development lifecycle and processes
- Learn about new technologies and discuss potential solutions to problems
- Provide guidance and mentorship to other members of the engineering team
Who You Are:
- Hands on experience with running modern web stacks (Node.js, React, Postgras, GraphQL, Redis)
- 5+ years of direct industry experience or a masters degree in computer science or related field + 1 year industry experience
- Solid computer science foundation and coding skills. Ability to write high-performance production quality code. You have worked with Java or C/C++.
- You write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability and scalability
- Well-versed in modern cloud platforms, like AWS, and their associated technologies
- You’re excited about building smart e-commerce and obsessed with bringing the best consumer experience to life
- Experience with Agile software development and Agile software solutions like JIRA
- You’re a strong communicator, ready to learn but equally excited to teach
Benefits of Working at PROVEN:
We are committed to the happiness and wellbeing of our employees, and our inclusive benefits include:
- Flexible work environment - we are fully distributed with employees in CA, CT, FL, IL, MI, NJ, NY, OH, OR, PA, & WA and you can work from any location that brings out your best
- Unlimited paid time off (covering vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave) - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family
- Exclusive employee subscription discounts and SWAG - to ensure you experience the magic of PROVEN & Noteworthy’s products (and give us valuable feedback!)
- Comprehensive health support - insurance for health, vision & dental - your health comes first, and we’ve got you covered
- Industry-leading 401k match - we invest in your future
- Company-wide events & outings - those who play together, stay together!
- Paid parental leave + flexible return to work program - your newest family members are the most important thing in your life