Sr. FP&A Analyst
What is PROVEN?
Founded in 2017 by two women of color, PROVEN harnesses groundbreaking artificial intelligence to create personalized, adaptive, clinically-effective skincare tailored to each individual’s unique needs.
Our belief is simple: Everyone deserves skincare as unique as they are. Based on our proprietary, award-winning Skin Genome Project™ database—the world’s largest beauty knowledge base—our technology turns millions of scientific data points into personalized skincare formulations that deliver results.
We’re relentless in our pursuit of science; driven by our love of data; and committed to transforming the one-size-fits-all skincare industry. To date, we’ve earned MIT’s AI Technology of the Year Award and Glossy’s Best Use of Technology Award—not to mention the first-ever U.S. patent for personalization in skincare. And that’s just the start: In 2022, we launched our sister company, Noteworthy Scents, to help people discover a fragrance they love through an innovative, AI-backed fragrance experience.
We have assembled a world-class team of scientists, engineers, data analysts, creatives, marketers, business experts, customer support specialists, and operations professionals. We’re dedicated to our mission, growing quickly (over 50% just last year), and are always on the lookout for passionate team members. Join us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
What We’re Looking For:
We are seeking a highly quantitative, results-driven Sr. FP&A Analyst to join our Finance team! The Sr. FP&A Analyst will be instrumental in financial planning, budgeting, forecasting, and analysis to support our company's strategic decision-making process. You will own key aspects of monthly reporting, budgeting and forecasting and KPI development and tracking; you will also possess a keen “test & learn” spirit to always identify and test into new opportunities, and to never accept the status quo.
The ideal candidate will have a data-driven background in business analysis and financial processes with an eagerness to identify ways to improve financial performance.
This role will partner closely with and across all other teams, particularly the data, growth, brand, operations, and executive teams; the ideal candidate is excited about data, telling the financial story of a business, and working in a small agile team. This is a hugely influential role within the organization, and the right candidate will help shape the future of finance for both PROVEN & Noteworthy - curiosity is a must.
What You’ll Do:
- Financial Planning and Forecasting: Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop, maintain, and enhance financial models and forecasts for the company's short-term and long-term financial planning.
- Budget Management: Assist in the preparation, analysis, and management of the annual budget, ensuring alignment with the company's strategic goals and objectives.
- Data Analysis: Utilize advanced data analysis techniques to gather insights, identify trends, and make data-driven recommendations to improve financial performance and departmental KPIs
- Variance Analysis: Monitor financial performance against budget and forecast, providing meaningful variance analysis and explanations to key stakeholders.
- Financial Reporting: Prepare and distribute regular financial and KPI reports to senior management and other relevant teams.
- Business Partnering: Collaborate with various departments, including marketing, operations, and sales, to provide financial insights and support decision-making.
- Process Improvement: Continuously assess and improve FP&A processes and tools to streamline and enhance efficiency and accuracy.
Who You Are:
- 3-5 years of experience in financial planning and analysis or a similar business analyst role.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics or a similar field.
- Strong proficiency in data analysis, financial modeling, and advanced Excel skills; experience with data visualization software strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to convey complex financial information to non-finance stakeholders.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
- Detail-oriented with a strong analytical and strategic mindset who can provide valuable insights to support business decisions
Benefits of Working at PROVEN:
We are committed to the happiness and wellbeing of our employees, and our inclusive benefits include:
- Flexible work environment - we are fully distributed with employees in CA, CT, FL, IL, MI, NJ, NY, OH, OR, PA, & WA and you can work from any location that brings out your best
- Unlimited paid time off (covering vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave) - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family
- Exclusive employee subscription discounts and SWAG - to ensure you experience the magic of PROVEN & Noteworthy’s products (and give us valuable feedback!)
- Comprehensive health support - insurance for health, vision & dental - your health comes first, and we’ve got you covered
- Industry-leading 401k match - we invest in your future
- Company-wide events & outings - those who play together, stay together!
- Paid parental leave + flexible return to work program - your newest family members are the most important thing in your life
PROVEN/Noteworthy is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.