Associate General Counsel
What You'll Do
- Commercial Law:
- Draft, review, and negotiate a wide range of commercial contracts and sales agreements, ensuring compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Collaborate with sales teams and sales leaders to provide legal guidance and support in complex negotiations with customers and clients.
- Offer legal advice on commercial projects and initiatives across the company, including those related to equity and product development
- Corporate Law:
- Manage and oversee corporate law projects, such as partnerships and company agreements, representing the best interests of the company.
- Provide legal counsel on corporate transactions, venture capital investments, and startup-related matters.
- Assist in building and maintaining the Compliance function to enforce security best practices, including SOC2+, ISO 27001, and other relevant frameworks.
- Lead the legal workflow for customer negotiations, ensuring compliance and protecting the company's interests.
- Handle employment negotiations with incoming executives, ensuring that the company's legal requirements are met.
- Legal Advice and Support
- Offer legal advice and guidance on various legal matters, projects, and initiatives across the company.
- Address legal queries from different departments and provide solutions that align with business objectives.
- Collaborate with the Information Technology team to develop and implement cybersecurity policies, ensuring data protection and legal compliance.
- Stay updated with relevant laws and regulations related to data security and privacy.
What You'll Bring
- JD degree (or foreign equivalent) with membership in at least one US state bar, preferably California or Florida.
- A minimum of 10 years combined relevant experience at a leading law firm, in-house legal department, or U.S. agency focusing on corporate transactions in venture capital and startups.
- Extensive experience in commercial law, with a strong understanding of drafting and negotiating contracts and sales agreements.
- Proven expertise in corporate law, including partnerships, company agreements, and other related matters.
- Experience working with sales teams and sales leaders, providing legal support in negotiations.
- Familiarity with cybersecurity policies and best practices, especially in SOC2+, ISO 27001, or similar frameworks.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively work with cross-functional teams and executive leadership.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple priorities, and meet deadlines effectively.
- Experience in Web3 or Blockchain space.
We at Quicknode are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.