Director of Sales
The platform to monitor and automate satellite operations
Director of Sales
About the role
What You’ll Be Doing
We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Director of Sales to lead our sales team and drive our company's revenue growth and execute and tune the go-to-market strategy. The ideal candidate will be responsible for developing and executing strategic sales plans, building and maintaining strong customer relationships, and leading our sales team to exceed sales targets.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive sales strategy that aligns with the company's goals and market opportunities.
- Update and document the sales playbook
- Lead, mentor, and expand the sales team, including hiring and training new team members.
- Foster strong relationships with key stakeholders, decision-makers, and influencers within the aerospace and defense industry.
- Understand and communicate the unique value proposition of our software solutions to a diverse range of clients including startup, enterprise, and U.S. government.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to identify and target new sales opportunities and drive lead generation efforts.
- Manage the sales pipeline and ensure accurate forecasting and reporting of sales outcomes.
- Negotiate and close deals with a focus on long-term customer success and satisfaction.
- Provide insights to the product and engineering teams to help shape product development based on market needs and customer feedback.
- Ability to travel as needed to engage with clients, attend industry events, and drive business development efforts.
- Experience with CRM software and sales automation tools.
- Experience selling an ACV of six to seven figures
- Proven track record of sales leadership and achieving growth targets within the aerospace, defense, or software industry.
- Strong understanding of government contracting processes and compliance requirements for U.S. defense and commercial sectors.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build relationships at all levels of an organization.
- Strategic thinker with a results-driven mindset and the ability to operate in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field; MBA preferred.
- Knowledge of the satellite operations market and related technologies.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
Why you'll love working at Quindar
- We are a remote-first workplace and value results over where you work from. If you want to work at a WeWork we will make that happen! If not, we provide work from home benefits so you always have a nice place to work, speedy internet, and of course coffee/tea!
- We take work life balance very seriously. We require employees to take 15 days off but provide unlimited PTO and follow most US federal government holidays.
- Mental health is just as important as physical so we provide quarterly health & wellness benefits.
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family with 100% coverage for employees.
- We encourage employees to save for retirement and provide 4% 401(k) matching.
- Each quarter we have a 4-day company offsite. Previous locations include San Francisco, Nashville, Denver, Santa Fe, and New Orleans.
- Our culture and company is evolving. You will be key in creating the next major or minor version!
About the interview
Screening Call (30m) We will walk through your experience, the role, and make sure we are in alignment with the expectations. This will be with the CEO who is the current head of commercial sales.
Second Round (60 min) Interview with the Head of Strategy. You will work with the Head of Strategy very frequently to align the commercial business development strategy.
Third Round - Mock Sales Pitch (60 min) We will provide an inbound lead prior to our interview where you will mock a discovery call. The CEO and Head of Strategy will be the prospect in the interview.
Reference Check The hiring manager (the CEO) will ask for 2 references within the last 5 years. These can be former managers or colleagues.
Offer The hiring manager (the CEO) will reach out with a verbal offer and a formal offer within 24 hours of notification.
Reverse Reference Check We will coordinate a time for you to meet 1:1 with a recent new hire to ask questions about working at Quindar.
Have you seen Apollo 13, The Martian, or Armageddon and recall all of the NASA engineers in a room with a bunch of monitors? Quindar is digitizing that away. Satellites are flying servers in space and we are revolutionizing the future of spacecraft operations by building the DataDog for space.
Our team has worked at SpaceX, OneWeb, Lockheed Martin, Iridium, Boeing, AWS, and RedHat. We've operated dozens of satellites, worked on broadband and earth observation constellations, and serviced commercial and government users. We are using lessons learned from our previous aerospace and startup experiences to revolutionize the space industry and enable access to space without being an expert.