Senior Software Engineer - ML Compiler Frontend
Our mission is to radically reduce the cost of artificial intelligence.
We are the world leaders in algorithm/hardware co-design for artificial intelligence. Our roadmap begins with products 100x better than GPUs and will ultimately deliver products that are many orders of magnitude more cost effective than what is available today. We will ultimately be able to put models the size of ChatGPT into chips the size of a thumbnail.
About the role:
As a Senior Compiler Engineer at Rain, you will participate in the design, implementation, and productization of an optimizing ML compiler for Rain’s AI accelerator products. In collaboration with other members of our world class compiler team, you will deliver software that efficiently maps ML models to Rain’s hardware for inference and training, blending the use of open-source tools, known compiler techniques, and novel algorithm design.
This is a remote role – you can work from anywhere in the United States.
- Develop an optimizing compiler frontend that provides state-of-the-art compilation from ML frameworks to customized lower-level IRs
- Work collaboratively with compiler backend engineers to ensure the high performance and resource efficiency of generated code (while being mindful of compilation time)
- Tackle compilation and performance problems in a boundaryless fashion, working seamlessly with members of the compiler, runtime, and hardware teams
- Write well-documented and tested code, participating in the development of testing infrastructure, debuggers, and performance analysis tools
- Participate constructively in design and code reviews of your work and the work of others
- Work closely with ML experts to efficiently map emerging models to Rain’s hardware, including cutting-edge quantization and training algorithms
- Stay up to date with the latest research and trends in compiler design and implementation
- Mentor and provide technical guidance to junior engineers
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related fields
- 7+ years of experience in compilers and programming languages
- 3+ years of experience developing AI/ML compilers targeting deep learning applications
- Excellent programming skills in C/C++, Python, or similar high-level languages
- Experience with standard ML frameworks such as PyTorch, ONNX, and TensorFlow
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Exhibit a high degree of motivation and independence
- Ability to work successfully in a distributed and remote environment
- MS or PhD in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, with a focus on compilers and/or software development for AI accelerators
- Familiarity with open-source compiler technologies such as TVM, XLA, and MLIR
- Experience writing compilers for SoC architectures – especially multi-core architectures
- Familiarity with deep learning models and willingness to learn novel algorithms
- Experience with using generative code techniques (e.g. TableGen, GitHub Copilot, ChatGPT)
- Medical Insurance with 100% coverage of employee premiums
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k match
- Unlimited PTO + all federal holidays
- Company wide time off during the holidays and in the summer
- Parental leave policy
- Work from anywhere in the United States
- And more!
The anticipated annual base salary for this position is $220,000 - $300,000. This range does not include any other compensation components or other benefits that an individual may be eligible for.