Software Engineer - Go
Raise is the leading mobile payments and prepaid gift card platform where millions of consumers earn instant cash back and save money on purchases. The company has transformed traditionally simple pieces of plastic into one powerful payment mechanism that can be seamlessly used at 300,000+ retail locations nationwide.
As a marketplace with 4,000+ brands and 500 retail partners, Raise enables consumers to save money and instantly pay for in-store or online purchases at their favorite stores using their digital mobile wallet. In addition to offering value and convenience for consumers, Raise allows retailers to unlock a new, data-driven channel to activate targeted segments of the platform’s more than 2.5 million members.
Added to our suite of products is Slide, a revolutionary contactless payment app that saves members money everywhere they shop, rZero, a custom approach to fraud prevention that can be applied to each unique customer scenario and an Enterprise Software Platform that makes our extensive gift card capabilities available to third parties.
Since 2013, Raise has saved members more than $150 million. The company is based in Chicago and has received $147 million in funding from investors including Accel, Bessemer Venture Partners, New Enterprise Associates, and PayPal. Raise is available on both iOS, Android and at www.raise.com.
About the Position
We are seeking an experienced engineer with a passion for developing API infrastructure consisting of Microservices, with a focus on providing clean, scalable, and low latency solutions for new and existing services that support our product portfolio. As part of a cross-functional team aligned with Raise's strategic initiatives, you will play a key role in developing applications and growing our portfolio of gift card centric products.
Leveraging Go, Microservices, PostgreSQL, and more, Backend Engineers at Raise are passionate about building well-designed, well-tested solutions that power Raise's web and mobile platforms and our B2B Raise For Business API. As a Software Engineer you’ll play a critical role in helping define and refine our architecture, technology choices, best practices and innovative approaches to developing software. Our focus on scale, reliability, and product agility means we work thoughtfully, iterate quickly, and choose the right tool for the job.
If you are a seasoned backend engineer that is excited by complex problems and enjoy working with teams who value creativity, diversity of thought, and learning from one another - we want to speak with you!
- Participate in defining and driving key decisions about our backend architecture and practices
- Design, build, and test internal tools that support our growth and enhance our ability to deliver market-leading products
- Collaborate closely with others to steer technical feature planning
- Develop procedures to solve technical problems in a maintainable, pattern-driven way
- Assist product managers and technical leads in project planning and driving technical direction
- Be a positive influencer. Share, mentor, and foster an environment where you and others can grow and share technical knowledge
- Participate in code reviews
- Communicate technical concepts, possibilities and limitations to a non-technical audience
Skills & Qualifications
- 3+ years of practicing software development professionally in a collaborative environment on a moderate to large codebase.
- Experience in Golang, PostgresSQL and gRPC
- Ability to communicate technical concepts, possibilities and limitations to a non-technical audience.
- Understanding of project management methodologies such as Agile and Scrum and have the ability to assist in creating stories
- Experience with Kubernetes, monitoring, logging, tracing
- Extensive experience with every stage of software development process: design, architecture, deployment, code reviews, maintenance, documentation, etc.
Nice To Have
- Experience in Ruby on Rails, MySQL, and Kafka
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, Datadog
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent professional experience
Raise offers a comprehensive benefits package to all our employees, including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(K) plan with discretionary company match
- Company-paid short-and-long-term disability
- Company-paid life insurance
- Pre-tax health flex spending and dependent care plan
- Flexible Paid Time Off Policy, including sick time, unlimited vacation, and Raise Gives Back time off for volunteering
- Paid parental leave
- Voluntary benefits, such as Pet Insurance and Identity Protection
Something looks off?