Strategic Finance Lead
Ramp is building the next generation of finance tools—from corporate cards and expense management, to bill payments and accounting integrations—designed to save businesses time and money with every click. Over 12,000 customers cut their expenses by 3.5% per year and close their books 8x faster by switching to the Ramp platform.
Founded in 2019, Ramp powers the fastest-growing corporate card and bill payment software in America and enables billions of dollars of purchases each year. Ramp continues to grow quickly, more than doubling its revenue run rate in the first half of 2022.
Valued at $8.1 billion, Ramp's investors include Founders Fund, Stripe, Citi, Goldman Sachs, Coatue Management, D1 Capital Partners, Redpoint Ventures, General Catalyst, and Thrive Capital, as well as over 100 angel investors who were founders or executives of leading companies. The Ramp team comprises talented leaders from leading financial services and fintech companies—Stripe, Affirm, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Mastercard, Visa, Capital One—as well as technology companies such as Meta, Uber, Netflix, Twitter, Dropbox, and Instacart. Ramp was named Fast Company’s #1 Most Innovative Company in North America in 2023 and #5 on LinkedIn Top Startups 2022.
About the Role
We are looking for a Strategic Finance Lead to help lead Ramp’s next phase of growth! This role will primarily focus on Ramp’s go-to-market (GTM) efforts, working closely with the Sales, Marketing, and Growth teams. The mandate for this role will be to help our customer-facing teams acquire new customers – and expand existing customers – in the most efficient and effective manner possible, while also ensuring that Ramp continues to deliver outsized value to its users.
In addition to partnering with the broader Sales & Marketing (S&M) organization, you will also have regular exposure to Ramp’s Leadership team and visibility into the work of other cross-functional partners. This is a high-impact position and represents a truly unique opportunity to join a 4 year old startup at a pivotal moment in its development.
Finally, we expect this individual to assume a leadership position within both the Strategic Finance team and the company as a whole. This role will help set the tone for the Strategic Finance team on a daily basis and will help to directly or indirectly manage the Associates and Analysts.
What You'll Do
- Partner with GTM teams to better understand and then improve our holistic growth efforts, with a focus on ROI / cost efficiency and value creation
- Use data to influence and inform key strategic and GTM decisions
- Lead planning analyses for cross-functional teams and evaluate organizational tradeoffs
- Identify and develop KPIs; build dashboards to monitor success and communicate insights to relevant stakeholders
- Build and then own detailed financial and operational models, ensuring highest quality and accuracy
- Manage and develop more junior members of the team
What You'll Need
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in Investment Banking, Management Consulting, or Corporate Finance at top-tier technology company
- Extreme attention to detail with a high regard for precision
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Track record of developing and maintaining relationships with both internal and external partners
- Excellent financial modeling and quantitative / data analysis skills
- A “get things done” mentality; you can dissect complex problems, identify solutions, and drive these solutions to completion with a high degree of autonomy
Nice to Have
- Expertise with Looker, SQL, and/or Python
- The annual salary/OTE range for the target level for this role is $174,250-$200,000 + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k)
Ramp Benefits (for U.S. based employees)
- 100% medical, dental & vision insurance coverage for you
- Partially covered for your dependents
- One Medical annual membership
- 401k (including employer match)
- Please note only 401k contributions made while employed by Ramp are eligible for an employer match
- Unlimited PTO
- Fertility HRA Up to $5,000 per year
- WFH stipend to support your home office needs
- Wellness stipend
- Parental Leave
- Relocation support
- Pet insurance