Product Designer | Design Systems
Ramp is building the next generation of finance tools—from corporate cards and expense management, to bill payments and accounting integrations—designed to save businesses time and money with every click. Over 12,000 customers cut their expenses by 3.5% per year and close their books 8x faster by switching to the Ramp platform.
Founded in 2019, Ramp powers the fastest-growing corporate card and bill payment software in America and enables billions of dollars of purchases each year. Ramp continues to grow quickly, more than doubling its revenue run rate in the first half of 2022.
Valued at $8.1 billion, Ramp's investors include Founders Fund, Stripe, Citi, Goldman Sachs, Coatue Management, D1 Capital Partners, Redpoint Ventures, General Catalyst, and Thrive Capital, as well as over 100 angel investors who were founders or executives of leading companies. The Ramp team comprises talented leaders from leading financial services and fintech companies—Stripe, Affirm, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Mastercard, Visa, Capital One—as well as technology companies such as Meta, Uber, Netflix, Twitter, Dropbox, and Instacart. Ramp was named Fast Company’s #1 Most Innovative Company in North America in 2023 and #5 on LinkedIn Top Startups 2022.
About the Role
We are seeking a Systems Designer who is motivated by the opportunity to learn from an exceptional team and define how designers and engineers work together to deliver exceptional experiences incredibly quickly—a ground floor opportunity in a design-driven company. This role will be responsible for empowering our design and engineering teams to deliver better, more consistent experiences across all our products and platforms. You’ll evolve and maintain our design system in both design and front-end libraries as well as our documentation layer.
This is a role for an individual contributor with a genuine desire to learn from the best and have significant impact across the entire product, brand, and marketing. You will evolve our design process that champions our users’ voices and ships incredible experiences every day.
What You’ll Do
- Maintain the design and development of Ramp’s cross-platform design system, Ryu and Mew
- Contribute to the design and user experience for our core product by evolving the design process through documentation and guidelines
- Work directly with product/engineering/design teams to develop and implement tooling with a focus on maintaining quality and speed
- Champion the user experience and accessibility of our products, and help keep our quality bar as high as possible
- Advocate for our users by continuously iterating on and evolving our core products and experiences. Identify areas of improvement and deliver value to customers every day
- Collaborate with the rest of the design team to evolve our long-term product vision, design systems, brand guidelines, and internal design collaboration process
- Participate in day-to-day team rituals like design crit, story creation, weekly stand-ups, etc.
- Help us hire more amazing people to grow the design team and bring diverse perspectives to our design process
What You Need
- Minimum 2 years of tech/startup or digital product agency experience, or equivalent
- Strong understanding of Product Design software (Figma) and software development fundamentals (semantic HTML, CSS)
- Strong organizational skills and a love for documentation
- Demonstrated experience with end-to-end (hybrid UX and UI) product design
- Experience working with developers and PMs building and shipping applications or software with a focus on accessibility for all
- Extraordinary visual design skills and strong understanding of UI principles
- Background in visual/interaction design, UX/UI, branding & identity, and typography
- Experience with low and high-fidelity prototyping
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
Nice to Haves
- A strong understanding of software engineering frameworks (like React), workflows and principles is encouraged
- The annual salary/OTE range for the target level for this role is $131,750-$155,000 + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k)
Ramp Benefits (for U.S. based employees)
- 100% medical, dental & vision insurance coverage for you
- Partially covered for your dependents
- One Medical annual membership
- 401k (including employer match)
- Please note only 401k contributions made while employed by Ramp are eligible for an employer match
- Unlimited PTO
- Fertility HRA Up to $5,000 per year
- WFH stipend to support your home office needs
- Wellness stipend
- Parental Leave
- Relocation support
- Pet insurance
Something looks off?