Senior Technical Product Marketing Manager
Ramp is building the next generation of finance tools—from corporate cards and expense management, to bill payments and accounting integrations—designed to save businesses time and money with every click. Over 12,000 customers cut their expenses by 3.5% per year and close their books 8x faster by switching to the Ramp platform.
Founded in 2019, Ramp powers the fastest-growing corporate card and bill payment software in America and enables billions of dollars of purchases each year. Ramp continues to grow quickly, more than doubling its revenue run rate in the first half of 2022.
Valued at $8.1 billion, Ramp's investors include Founders Fund, Stripe, Citi, Goldman Sachs, Coatue Management, D1 Capital Partners, Redpoint Ventures, General Catalyst, and Thrive Capital, as well as over 100 angel investors who were founders or executives of leading companies. The Ramp team comprises talented leaders from leading financial services and fintech companies—Stripe, Affirm, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Mastercard, Visa, Capital One—as well as technology companies such as Meta, Uber, Netflix, Twitter, Dropbox, and Instacart. Ramp was named Fast Company’s #1 Most Innovative Company in North America in 2023 and #5 on LinkedIn Top Startups 2022.
About the Role
As Ramp's first Senior Technical Product Marketing Manager, you will be the technical and financial subject matter expert within marketing, responsible for creating captivating marketing product demos, tailoring demo environments, and developing technical sales enablement materials for Ramp's products and services.
Working closely with cross-functional teams, you'll establish technical alignment, documentation, and knowledge sharing while staying updated with the latest product launches and releases to incorporate into our demos. Additionally, you'll craft storyboards, demo scripts, and create demos for product launches, events, conferences, and webinars.
This high-impact opportunity allows you to leverage your deep technical skills and strategic storytelling abilities, working with senior leaders across functions and a world-class team of passionate marketers, while driving the growth of Ramp's business.
What You'll Do
- Create compelling external marketing product demos, ranging from high-level portfolio brand videos to in-depth product dive videos, to support prospects throughout the evaluation process
- Support product launches by developing product demos, technical content, analyst pitches, and keynote demos
- Empower sales teams to solution sell by crafting comprehensive sales demo scripts tailored to different customer segments, needs, and industries. Additionally, work with Sales Engineering to customize demo environments with realistic datasets and necessary tooling to support sales activities
- Drive the creation of technical marketing content, including guides, data sheets, FAQs, and diagrams
- Collaborate with Sales Engineering to ensure the latest product roadmap features are easily accessible within the sales team's demo environment and support the enablement of the latest innovations
- Collaborate with Solution Consulting, Sales Engineering, and Product to engage technical finance experts, develop technical RFI libraries, create business capabilities maps, and facilitate continuous knowledge sharing
- Develop storyboards, scripts, and demos for keynotes, conferences, and webinars
- Represent Ramp at major events and conferences, effectively communicating the value proposition of Ramp's products and services
- Stay up-to-date with the latest technologies that work with Ramp's product and incorporate them into demos
What You'll Need
- 4-5+ years in technical product marketing, IT consulting, product management, or solutions consulting in SaaS solutions and using APIs, ideally within the financial space
- Deep understanding of finance and accounting buyer needs, systems, and JTBD
- Strong understanding of HRIS and/or ERP solutions
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, business, finance or accounting
- Exceptional with organizational, project management, and time management skills
- Ability to operate within a cross-functional team or as an individual contributor with minimal supervision
- Ability to anticipate customers’ needs and position product solutions accordingly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills
- Excellent engineering, system design and technical specification writing skills
- Bias towards action, adaptability and ability to operate in a high pace environment of a high growth startup
- The annual salary/OTE range for the target level for this role is $140,250-$165,000 + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k)
Ramp Benefits (for U.S. based employees)
- 100% medical, dental & vision insurance coverage for you
- Partially covered for your dependents
- One Medical annual membership
- 401k (including employer match)
- Please note only 401k contributions made while employed by Ramp are eligible for an employer match
- Unlimited PTO
- Fertility HRA Up to $5,000 per year
- WFH stipend to support your home office needs
- Wellness stipend
- Parental Leave
- Relocation support
- Pet insurance