Director, Core Product Marketing
Ramp is building the next generation of finance tools—from corporate cards and expense management, to bill payments and accounting integrations—designed to save businesses time and money with every click. Over 12,000 customers cut their expenses by 3.5% per year and close their books 8x faster by switching to the Ramp platform.
Founded in 2019, Ramp powers the fastest-growing corporate card and bill payment software in America and enables billions of dollars of purchases each year. Ramp continues to grow quickly, more than doubling its revenue run rate in the first half of 2022.
Valued at $8.1 billion, Ramp's investors include Founders Fund, Stripe, Citi, Goldman Sachs, Coatue Management, D1 Capital Partners, Redpoint Ventures, General Catalyst, and Thrive Capital, as well as over 100 angel investors who were founders or executives of leading companies. The Ramp team comprises talented leaders from leading financial services and fintech companies—Stripe, Affirm, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Mastercard, Visa, Capital One—as well as technology companies such as Meta, Uber, Netflix, Twitter, Dropbox, and Instacart. Ramp was named Fast Company’s #1 Most Innovative Company in North America in 2023 and #5 on LinkedIn Top Startups 2022.
About the Role
Ramp is looking for a Product Marketing team leader to own product GTM strategy, positioning, messaging, and launches for Ramp’s portfolio of core products. The ideal candidate has experience taking complex solutions to market and demonstrated success driving category creation and differentiation, as well as building operational excellence. We want a strategic storyteller who can bring teams, innovations, and opportunities together to create market-making moments. We’re seeking someone who has done it before – launched products at speed and scale, crafted resonant narratives that cement leadership, and led highly integrated motions to drive awareness and consideration. This team will partner with Product across the entire lifecycle, from shaping what’s built, launching and commercializing, and growing adoption. This leader will roll up their sleeves as well as train and grow a team of agile and high performing product marketers. Market-intelligent, competitor-aware, and customer-obsessed, this candidate will bring strategy, craft, and rigor to their team and Ramp at large.
What You'll Do
- Act as the voice of the customer. Generate customer and market insights to inform Ramp’s product strategy. Partner closely with Product to influence roadmap and GTM strategy for Ramp’s core and emerging products
- Partner closely with Product to influence product and marketing roadmaps, as well as GTM strategy for Ramp’s core and emerging product portfolio
- Craft compelling product narratives, differentiated positioning, and resonant messaging. Weave together market dynamics, customer needs, and products to create compelling hooks
- Improve and scale how we bring new innovations to market. Operationalize and optimize our release marketing machine
- Create clear, concise, and actionable product GTM content and deliverables, ready for executives and customers alike
- Increase adoption and usage of priority products and features, with an eye towards increasing customer success as well as business revenue
- Develop, streamline, and deliver against a regular cadence of integrated marketing moments and drum beats
- Identify new opportunities and strategic initiatives that feed into company-level goals. Influence and negotiate to drive consensus and decision making
- Build and maintain close, trusted relationships with cross-functional stakeholders, including those in Product, Sales, Finance, Design, Operations, Marketing, and more
- Train, lead, support, and grow a team of strategic and impactful team of core product marketers. Create a working environment where people from diverse disciplines can thrive
What You'll Need
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience, ideally in product marketing or strategy consulting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to take complex concepts and distill them into digestible, relatable, and easy-to understand writing
- Comfort with navigating ambiguity, complexity, and driving clarity and decisions
- Ability to work autonomously and influence in a fast-paced startup environment
- Experience running scaled product marketing functions and/or marketing a portfolio of products
- Prior people management experience
- The annual salary/OTE range for the target level for this role is $215,250-$240,000 + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k)
Ramp Benefits (for U.S. based employees)
- 100% medical, dental & vision insurance coverage for you
- Partially covered for your dependents
- One Medical annual membership
- 401k (including employer match)
- Please note only 401k contributions made while employed by Ramp are eligible for an employer match
- Unlimited PTO
- Fertility HRA Up to $5,000 per year
- WFH stipend to support your home office needs
- Wellness stipend
- Parental Leave
- Relocation support
- Pet insurance
Something looks off?