Staff Software Engineer | Frontend
Ramp is building the next generation of finance tools—from corporate cards and expense management, to bill payments and accounting integrations—designed to save businesses time and money with every click. Over 12,000 customers cut their expenses by 3.5% per year and close their books 8x faster by switching to the Ramp platform.
Founded in 2019, Ramp powers the fastest-growing corporate card and bill payment software in America and enables billions of dollars of purchases each year. Ramp continues to grow quickly, more than doubling its revenue run rate in the first half of 2022.
Valued at $8.1 billion, Ramp's investors include Founders Fund, Stripe, Citi, Goldman Sachs, Coatue Management, D1 Capital Partners, Redpoint Ventures, General Catalyst, and Thrive Capital, as well as over 100 angel investors who were founders or executives of leading companies. The Ramp team comprises talented leaders from leading financial services and fintech companies—Stripe, Affirm, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Mastercard, Visa, Capital One—as well as technology companies such as Meta, Uber, Netflix, Twitter, Dropbox, and Instacart. Ramp was named Fast Company’s #1 Most Innovative Company in North America in 2023 and #5 on LinkedIn Top Startups 2022.
About the Role
In this role, you will be an advocate and coach for your team while solving frontend challenges, getting hands-on coding, and scaling product success at a fast paced start up. Our ideal candidate leverages their leadership, technical expertise and passion to multiply the overall output of their development team. As a technical leader, you’ll help establish the team’s vision and see it through. Our tech stack currently involves TypeScript, React, styled-components, and Vite.
Check out our Engineering Blog for more on our tech stack, mission and values!
What You’ll Do
- Help lead (and — if you’re up for it — manage) a team of highly skilled frontend engineers while coaching, mentoring, and advocating for them
- Collaborate on our technical vision
- Lead discussions and implementation of multiple complex projects
- Foster a culture of upholding industry-leading UX
- Continuously improve our engineering processes, tools, and systems that allow us to scale the code base, productivity, and the team
- Proactively engage with your peers and managers to provide and solicit feedback
- Recruit, interview and develop your own interview questions, while fostering the culture of excellence, velocity and humility
What You'll Need
- Minimum of 7 years of frontend engineering experience
- Minimum of 3 years of technical leadership experience leading and/or managing teams
- Knack for getting the visuals right
- Track record of shipping high-quality products and leading projects at scale
- Ability to turn business and product ideas into engineering solutions
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment, continuously grow, and master your craft
- Alignment with Ramp’s core values of enabling businesses to grow more by spending less
- The annual salary/OTE range for the target level for this role is $233,750-$275,000 + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k)
Ramp Benefits (for U.S. based employees)
- 100% medical, dental & vision insurance coverage for you
- Partially covered for your dependents
- One Medical annual membership
- 401k (including employer match)
- Please note only 401k contributions made while employed by Ramp are eligible for an employer match
- Unlimited PTO
- Fertility HRA Up to $5,000 per year
- WFH stipend to support your home office needs
- Wellness stipend
- Parental Leave
- Relocation support
- Pet insurance