Risk Operations Specialist | Portfolio Risk Management
Ramp is building the next generation of finance tools—from corporate cards and expense management, to bill payments and accounting integrations—designed to save businesses time and money with every click. Over 12,000 customers cut their expenses by 3.5% per year and close their books 8x faster by switching to the Ramp platform.
Founded in 2019, Ramp powers the fastest-growing corporate card and bill payment software in America and enables billions of dollars of purchases each year. Ramp continues to grow quickly, more than doubling its revenue run rate in the first half of 2022.
Valued at $8.1 billion, Ramp's investors include Founders Fund, Stripe, Citi, Goldman Sachs, Coatue Management, D1 Capital Partners, Redpoint Ventures, General Catalyst, and Thrive Capital, as well as over 100 angel investors who were founders or executives of leading companies. The Ramp team comprises talented leaders from leading financial services and fintech companies—Stripe, Affirm, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Mastercard, Visa, Capital One—as well as technology companies such as Meta, Uber, Netflix, Twitter, Dropbox, and Instacart. Ramp was named Fast Company’s #1 Most Innovative Company in North America in 2023 and #5 on LinkedIn Top Startups 2022.
About the Role
As an early member of Ramp's Risk Strategy & Operations, you will help execute and maintain operational initiatives that manage credit and fraud risk for Ramp’s growing customer base. This role requires an understanding of risk management processes and the ability to analyze risk vectors such as credit and fraud risks, while managing customer needs. We take our responsibility to serve our customers’ commitment to their financial health seriously, and our approach is anchored in data-driven and systematic decisions to delight our customers.
What You’ll Do
- Execute Ramp’s risk management policies on key customer management interactions including payment holds, credit limit increase, delinquency management and collections for Ramp’s corporate credit card and bill pay products
- Provide best in class customer experience, while managing credit and fraud risk, by effectively managing customer support requests over phone and email
- Work directly with internal and external stakeholders on documentation of processes, escalations, and risk updates across the organization
- Own a critical piece of the feedback loop to improve our customer user experience, including partnering with product and engineering to build best in class risk tooling to increase operational efficiency
- Partner with data analysts to help develop KPIs and build monitoring dashboards
- Have the ability to grow, develop and learn in a fast-paced, start-up environment
What You Need
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Credit Risk Management or Underwriting
- Experience within consumer/corporate/small business cards, payments, invoices, lending, or related industries
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong background in customer support via email
- Investigative and critical thinking skills
- BA/BS from an accredited university
Nice to Haves
- Experience in high growth startups
- Experience building complex financial products
- Strong background in customer support via phone
- The annual salary/OTE range for the target level for this role is $85,000-$100,000 + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k)
Ramp Benefits (for U.S. based employees)
- 100% medical, dental & vision insurance coverage for you
- Partially covered for your dependents
- One Medical annual membership
- 401k (including employer match)
- Please note only 401k contributions made while employed by Ramp are eligible for an employer match
- Unlimited PTO
- Fertility HRA Up to $5,000 per year
- WFH stipend to support your home office needs
- Wellness stipend
- Parental Leave
- Relocation support
- Pet insurance
Something looks off?