Accounts Receivable Specialist
RE/DONE is seeking an associate level Accounts Receivable Specialist to join our Los Angeles team. We’re looking for a passionate, detail-oriented problem solver who is part analytical, technical, and a true expert in AR Reconciliation, and Factor Communication . This person will work closely with the Finance Manager, Corporate Controller and CEO to provide real-time insight into our current AR positioning, non-payment risks, customer chargebacks, and payment history to inform decision making. The specifics of the work schedule (Hybrid, or FT in-office) will be determined during the interview process.
• Submit orders for factor approval • Update orders in ERP system with factor decisions • Request approval to ship factor declined orders at client risk • Assign invoices to the factor daily • Contact Factor support or ERP support for issues with EDI transmissions • Address questions regarding factor approvals, customer payments, credit terms, invoices, etc. • Post cash for paid invoices • Chargebacks log • Investigate and reverse chargebacks by reviewing documents, downloading additional
support from customer portals, and working with CS/Sales/Factor/Customers to resolve • Create credit memos for chargebacks in NetSuite • Contact customers regarding past due payment updates • Follow up on items on the Ineligibles Report • Run weekly factor hold report for Customer Service team • Prepare credit hold report for monthly target meeting • Instruct AP to issue checks for payments received in House for factored invoices • Inform the factor of how to apply On Account Payments • Work with factor and customers on resolving invoice disputes
EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong verbal and written skills. Must be comfortable communicating with external and internal clientele via written correspondence.
- 2-4 years of experience working in Accounting, preferably directly in AR.
- Experience or understanding of consumer goods receivables and factoring process.
- Working knowledge of vendor chargeback issues and potential remediation steps.
Job description subject to change due to business needs