Senior Electrical Engineer at Reach Power, Inc.
Redwood City, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, August 30, 2023
At Reach, we are delivering technologies to enable the long-range, wireless transfer of power. We believe wireless energy can be as liberating for power systems as WiFi was for data systems, and are busy creating the energy infrastructure that will one day replace the aging electrical grid. We have raised funding from top tier VC's, have real world customers deploying our technology, and are continuing to build out the exceptional team that is making our vision a reality.
- Electrical system design, analysis, schematic capture, prototyping, debugging, test, and support for multiple systems.
- Assemble, test, and help troubleshoot prototypes to characterize performance and improve designs.
- Work with CMs and suppliers to identify better parts and techniques to scale production.
- Design PCBs and work with other engineers to "glue" subsystems together.
- Perform validation and data collection on prototypes and products.
- Write up problems, fixes, and procedures as you discover them.
- Education: Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or a closely related field.
- Experience: 3 years’ hardware engineering experience.
- Manufacturing and hardware design experience, including: Resolving supplier shortages and pushing the cost envelope to ensure the biggest bang for buck; and,
- Identifying and developing design solutions that might not exist in the open market.
- Ensuring product reliability, including: Supporting and leading Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (DFMEA) sessions; Supporting reliability testing for new parts and processes; and, Analyzing failures and returns.
- Experience with schematic and layout capture tools, including Altium
- Experience using electrical simulation tools, including LTSpice and Cadence
- Experience with electrical test equipment, including multimeters, oscilloscopes, function generators and electronic loads
- Experience with scripting tools in Excel, Matlab and Python
Qualifying experience must include at least 3 years of experience in each of the following:
Hours: 40 hours per week
Salary: $170,000 - $190,000 per year
To apply: Click on the “Apply for this job” link on this page.
Reach - Who We Are
Reach is a pioneer in a new frontier of technology. Born out of MIT, incubated in YC, and developed in an "office space" that was once the oven of a cookie factory, we are a group of curious, passionate, and creative problem solvers, and we approach our work with vigor and humility.
Much has changed since our cookie factory days, but our core philosophies have remained. Decisions are made quickly, meetings and politics are kept to a minimum, and everyone here does high-visibility work that has considerable influence on our product and company. We have weekly team lunches, quarterly offsite company events, and often spend time together outside of work bicycling, rock climbing, playing music, and hosting happy hours.
We highly value diversity at our company - in not only professional capabilities and experience, but also in personal interests, schools of thought, musical tastes, and walks of life. We prioritize inclusivity, and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.