Redwood City, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, November 28, 2023
At Reach, we are delivering technologies to enable the long-range, wireless transfer of power. We believe wireless energy can be as liberating for power systems as WiFi was for data systems, and are busy creating the energy infrastructure that will one day replace the aging electrical grid. We have raised funding from top tier VC's, have real world customers deploying our technology, and are continuing to build out the exceptional team that is making our vision a reality.
You will develop antennas and antenna arrays for Reach state-of-the-art wireless power delivery system. Your technical know-how and innovation skills are key to designing cutting-edge products in a fast-paced environment. You will work with other engineers to integrate antenna and antenna arrays in our system. This position requires hands-on experience and strong analytical skills to design, implement, test, and troubleshoot complex use cases of a complex, first-of-its kind system. It also requires experience in integration with complex software algorithms.
Key Position Responsibilities
- Design and implement antenna, antenna arrays for high frequency of operation from 1GHz to 24GHz.
- Investigate, study, and introduce new antenna designs and components. Research new approaches and techniques for future product versions.
- Perform computer simulations and PCB antenna prototyping.
- Collaborate with PM/Mechanical/RF/Electrical Engineering teams to define antenna requirements and performance goals.
- Perform board level and product level EM simulations for best-in-class transmission performance, spatial co-existence, and emissions.
- Product design documentation using Reach PLM system.
- Ownership of antenna design for manufacturability.
- Collaborate with other engineers to perform system bring up and system test.
- Guide and support certification and regulatory testing. Support field testing.
- Write validation test plans for antenna and antenna arrays.
Qualities & Experience
- MS degree in electrical engineering (PhD preferred).
- Expert know-how with EM simulation software, such as HFSS, CST, and circuit simulation tools, such as Keysight ADS.
- Hands-on experience with RF lab equipment for RF device and antenna characterization and system performance validation, such as VNA and spectrum analyzer.
- Strong practical intuition of electromagnetics.
- Hands-on experience with metamaterials implementation.
- 10–15 year hands-on experience in developing antennas, and antenna arrays.
- A system thinker that can define antenna and antenna array definition and design.
- Familiar with the design process from concept through board development and system integration for high volume production.
- Hands-on experience with bring up and troubleshooting of high-power microwave chains, beam forming and steering systems.
- In-depth understanding of safety EMI and EMC compliance and certification.
- Ability to work cross‐functionally.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively complex concepts.
- Results- and deadline- driven.
- Able to work independently with little direction.
- Takes great pride and ownership in developing products.
- Experience using an antenna chamber to characterize antennas.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements (FCC, etc.).
- Experience achieving FCC regulatory approval.
- Experience with mmWave phased array or adaptive antenna design.
- Experience with metamaterials
- Flexible working hours
- Discretionary time off policy
- High degree of autonomy and work ownership with strong action-to-impact relationship
- Dental, Vision, and Medical coverage, with HMO, PPO, HDHP options
- 401k, HSA, FSA offerings
- Long-term Disability, Short-term Disability and Life insurance offerings
- Hybrid work schedule
- Equity as part of a total comp package
Reach - Who We Are
Reach is a pioneer in a new frontier of technology. Born out of MIT, incubated in YC, and developed in an "office space" that was once the oven of a cookie factory, we are a group of curious, passionate, and creative problem solvers, and we approach our work with vigor and humility.
Much has changed since our cookie factory days, but our core philosophies have remained. Decisions are made quickly, meetings and politics are kept to a minimum, and everyone here does high-visibility work that has considerable influence on our product and company. We have weekly team lunches, quarterly offsite company events, and often spend time together outside of work bicycling, rock climbing, playing music, and hosting happy hours.
We highly value diversity at our company - in not only professional capabilities and experience, but also in personal interests, schools of thought, musical tastes, and walks of life. We prioritize inclusivity, and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.