Product Lead, Global Payments
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, February 17, 2023
Rippling is the first way for businesses to manage all of their HR & IT—payroll, benefits, computers, apps, and more—in one unified workforce platform.
By connecting every business system to one source of truth for employee data, businesses can automate all of the manual work they normally need to do to make employee changes. Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can just click a button and set up a new employees’ payroll, health insurance, work computer, and third-party apps—like Slack, Zoom, and Office 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $1.2B from the world's top investors-including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, Bedrock, and Greenoaks-and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes (#12 out of 500).
About the role
We're looking to hire an experienced, hands-on, technical payments leader based out of our San Francisco offices to manage all external payments and money movement. This role will focus on owning global funds flows and payment rails in support of our expanding product and geographic footprint. Our payments infrastructure is a vital part of Rippling's horizontal and vertical expansion strategy and will have significant exposure to executive leadership. This role will work heavily with internal and external stakeholders to develop compliant funds flows and optimize payment corridors in pursuit of broader business goals.
What you'll do
- Develop and own a payments platform for internal product teams to move, convert, and track payments across any corridor
- Understand money-movement use cases and requirements, and interface with external financial partners to research & develop new payments capabilities to meet those needs
- Partner with payment engineering teams on integrating with global banking partners and developing funds flow corridors. Manage roadmap for financial partner integrations, and execute on new integrations with technical teams
- Work with internal and external stakeholders across Payment Operations, Risk, Compliance, Legal, and Engineering on compliant payment flows
- Develop subject-matter expertise in global payment methods and act as an advisor to product development functions
- Support needs of internal accounting, reporting, and reconciliation teams by ensuring solutions provide observability.
- 8-10 years of managing integrated payments environments with prior experience building and operating global payments platforms
- Technical understanding of foreign exchange and underlying data models supporting a global transaction ledger
- Deep knowledge of domestic & international payment methods and value chains associated with the global payments industry
- Familiarity with in-country money transmission regulations in major markets is a plus
- An ability to think creatively and thrive in a dynamic but often ambiguous environment
- Self-starter with excellent time management skills
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrated experience interacting and working with senior leadership
- Organized, attentive to detail, and intellectually curious
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40-mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office at least three days a week under current policy to be an essential function of the employee's role.
This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with one of the ranges below based on location; see which tier applies to your location here.
Tier 1 Base Salary: $219,000 - $265,000
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed above.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, HSA, Commuter, Life, and Disability Benefits
- Uncapped PTO
- Flexible work hours
- Generous parental leave
- Transgender health insurance coverage
- Great compensation package (salary, equity)
- Onsite meals
See more open positions at Rippling
Something looks off?