Senior Credit Risk Specialist
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, March 8, 2023
Rippling is the first way for businesses to manage all of their HR & IT—payroll, benefits, computers, apps, and more—in one unified workforce platform.
By connecting every business system to one source of truth for employee data, businesses can automate all of the manual work they normally need to do to make employee changes. Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can just click a button and set up a new employees’ payroll, health insurance, work computer, and third-party apps—like Slack, Zoom, and Office 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $1.2B from the world's top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, Bedrock, and Greenoaks—and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes (#12 out of 500).
About the role
We are looking for an Associate to drive projects aimed at improving Credit Risk controls, perform and manage the credit risk monitoring process, and own decision-making around adhering to portfolio risk policy. This person will be able to structure risk controls while taking into account Rippling’s broader growth objectives and the customer experience. The ideal candidate is a motivated and team-minded credit risk professional with project management experience focused on process improvement.
What you will do
- Develop and maintain credit risk monitoring policies and procedures across all relevant Rippling products.
- Perform customer-level credit reviews using internal data and submitted financial information..
- Demonstrate the ability to develop, present, and support recommendations on risk-related decisions.
- Oversee key customer management interactions related to managing exposure from high-risk customers.
- Take ownership of projects developing risk models to facilitate credit decision-making at scale.
- These projects will require partnering with cross-functional teams including Product, Sales, Engineering, Business Operations, Legal, and Capital Markets to ensure credit risk initiatives align with growth and product objectives.
What you will need
- A minimum of 4 years credit experience within commercial or small business lending with authority to make lending decisions
- Strong working knowledge of financial and bank statement analysis
- Experience leading cross-functional projects working with PMs and engineers in a lending or fintech environment, preferably involving the use of customer data to drive automation of credit monitoring processes
- Experience independently formulating risk management policies and procedures
- Must be comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment, sometimes with minimal supervision
- SQL fluency is a strong plus, but is not required
Additional Information (IE Pay Transparency)
This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with one of the ranges below based on location; see which tier applies to your location here.
- Tier 1: $131,000 - $179,000/year
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed above.
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.
See more open positions at Rippling
Something looks off?