Sales Compensation Manager
Sales & Business Development
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, March 14, 2023
Rippling is the first way for businesses to manage all of their HR & IT—payroll, benefits, computers, apps, and more—in one unified workforce platform.
By connecting every business system to one source of truth for employee data, businesses can automate all of the manual work they normally need to do to make employee changes. Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can just click a button and set up a new employees’ payroll, health insurance, work computer, and third-party apps—like Slack, Zoom, and Office 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $1.2B from the world's top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, Bedrock, and Greenoaks—and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes (#12 out of 500)
About the role
Rippling is looking for a highly skilled Sales Compensation Manager to support our rapidly growing sales organization. In this role, you’ll own our entire sales compensation process and work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure our incentive compensation operations run smoothly. You’ll collaborate with leaders in revenue operations and the sales organization on compensation strategy and plan design. You’ll also be a key part of our annual planning process for sales compensation. In addition to keeping our compensation operations running smoothly, you’ll also have the opportunity to uncover insights, develop recommendations, and then implement programs to improve our incentive compensation program. You ideally have worked in fast-paced environments before and are comfortable working as part of a team or independently.
What you'll do
- Manage the end-to-end monthly sales commission process
- Communicate sales plans, changes to plans, and processes to sales leadership and the sales organization
- Coordinate with revenue operations teammates on systems improvements for commissions
- Create and audit monthly reports to ensure accuracy of commissions payouts and develop solutions to address any issues
- Build sales compensation analytics, maintain monthly reporting for sales teams, and develop executive level presentations on sales compensation
- 3-5+ years of professional work experience in Sales Operations, Sales Strategy, Sales Finance or another related field
- Strong understanding of compensation operations, SaaS business models, and different incentive programs
- Prior experience working in a startup or a hyper growth technology company
- Excellent cross-functional stakeholder management
- Strong Excel, Salesforce, and BI skills
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.
This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with one of the ranges below based on location; see which tier applies to your location here.
Tier 1: $120,000 - $158,000/year
Tier 2: $108,000 - $143,000/year
Tier 3: $102,000 - $135,000/year
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed above.