Insurance Operations Analyst
Remote · United States
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2023
Rippling is the first way for businesses to manage all of their HR & IT—payroll, benefits, computers, apps, and more—in one unified workforce platform.
By connecting every business system to one source of truth for employee data, businesses can automate all of the manual work they normally need to do to make employee changes. Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can just click a button and set up a new employees’ payroll, health insurance, work computer, and third-party apps—like Slack, Zoom, and Office 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $700M from the world’s top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, and Bedrock—and was named one of America’s best startup employers by Forbes (#12 out of 500).
About the role
The Insurance Operations Lead will manage the enrollment connections between the Rippling product and health insurance carriers. This role will require impeccable organizational and communication skills with a willingness to directly contribute to the day-to-day operational needs of the insurance transactions we manage. You will work with health insurance carriers, our clients and our internal support and engineering teams to ensure that the information present within Rippling is accurate and matches that of our carrier partners. This is an exciting role that requires significant attention to detail, an ability to learn as our product grows and an ability to create new processes.
What you will do
- Manage an internal dashboard of tasks to ensure our clients data are matching that of the carriers
- Continuously iterate on the processes required to confirm data with the carrier
- Work directly with Health Insurance Carriers, Support, Engineering and our clients to ensure that member transactions were confirmed correctly
- Become a subject matter expert in everything Insurance
- Work with carriers to develop new and innovative ways of confirming the enrollments that have occurred within the Rippling platform
What you will need
- 4-6+ years of experience in an operations, project management or an equivalent role at a high-growth startup or consulting firm
- Must have: insurance benefits experience
- High attention to detail with excellent work ethic, time management, and execution
- Experience communicating directly with customers
- Familiarity working with product and engineering teams to root-cause product issues
- Experience working through a dashboard of tasks and organizing your day around these tasks
- G-Suite Experience
- Experience working with a US based company.
This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with one of the ranges below based on location; see which tier applies to your location here.
- Tier 3: $66,000 - 88,000/year
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed above.
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.