Payments Compliance Specialist
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2023
Rippling is the first way for businesses to manage all of their HR & IT—payroll, benefits, computers, apps, and more—in one unified workforce platform.
By connecting every business system to one source of truth for employee data, businesses can automate all of the manual work they normally need to do to make employee changes. Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can just click a button and set up a new employees’ payroll, health insurance, work computer, and third-party apps—like Slack, Zoom, and Office 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $1.2B from the world's top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, Bedrock, and Greenoaks—and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes (#12 out of 500)
About the role
We are looking for a highly-motivated and proactive Payments Compliance Specialist to develop and spearhead our payments licensing and examination program. In this role, you will partner closely with our Legal, Compliance, Finance, and Product teams to drive a comprehensive payments licensing and compliance program. You have a passion for efficiency and building scalable approaches in the ever-changing world of money transmission and payments compliance. You are a self-starter and take pride in working cross-functionally to drive action and help colleagues navigate complex licensing requirements. We love fresh perspectives on how compliance should be run, and welcome your innovative thoughts on achieving the highest efficiency and protection in Rippling’s licensing and compliance activities.
This role will be based in our San Francisco HQ, with the expectation to work from the office most days.
What you will do
- Lead the license acquisition process on behalf of Rippling, driving a cross-functional team to ensure complete and accurate license applications
- Communicate with regulators to address any requests or action items
- Manage money transmitter and lending licenses through NMLS
- Manage regulatory examinations and audits of Rippling’s licenses
- Lead and monitor license renewals, quarterly and annual reports, and required examinations
- Partner with business stakeholders to improve processes and ensure that new and existing payment products comply with policies and applicable multi-state laws and regulations
- Continually identify opportunities for efficiencies while escalating any control deficiencies
- Assist with global payments licensing applications
What you will need
- 3+ years of experience in a compliance or paralegal role for a law firm or tech company (experience in payments and money transmission regulatory compliance is a plus)
- Entrepreneurial mindset (flexible, self-starting and hard-working) in generating new and innovative solutions to build out the Legal & Compliance program
- Demonstrated solution-oriented business and compliance judgment
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Excellent communicator both internally and externally, with the ability to break down complex regulatory requirements into easy-to-understand and practical advice
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with the NMLS system is a plus
- Sense of humor
Additional Information (IE Pay Transparency)
This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with one of the ranges below based on location; see which tier applies to your location here.
- Tier 1: $100,000 - $132,000/year
- Tier 2: $90,000 - $119,000/year
- Tier 3: $85,000 - $113,000/year
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed above.
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.
See more open positions at Rippling
Something looks off?