Staff Software Engineer, Backend Product
- High-value workflows that accomplish business goals
- Insights and reporting that drive business decisions
- Data that powers compliance processes and regulatory output
- Lead mission-critical projects and deliver platform capabilities end-to-end with high quality
- Have clear ownership of one or many products or platform spaces
- Get exposure to the partners and customers in different business domains, who will help provide feedback for your product space
- Learn and understand how your product can help Rippling continually differentiate itself
- Build and grow your engineering skills in different challenging areas and solve hard technical problems
- Influence architecture, technology selections, and trends of the whole company
- 8+ years of professional work experience as a backend engineer
- Experience building large-scale user-facing applications and developer tools
- Expertise in building complex distributed services with high availability and strict SLAs
- Strong CS fundamentals and knowledge of architecture and common design patterns
- You’re good at cross-functional communication with product managers, designers, etc
- You’re passionate about being in a product-focused environment where everyone cares deeply about customer impact.
- Bonus points if you are proficient in Python, Django, and MongoDB
- Bonus points if you’re familiar with SSO with SAML and/or OIDC protocols
- Bonus points if you’ve previously worked with AWS and have working knowledge of observability tooling
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics, Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email email@example.com
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.
This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with one of the ranges below based on location; see which tier applies to your location here.
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed below.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, HSA, Commuter, Life and Disability Benefits
- Uncapped PTO and flexible work hours
- Free onsite lunch
- Generous parental leave
- Transgender health insurance coverage
- Great compensation package (salary, equity)
- Fun, casual atmosphere and meeting-light culture