Chief Operating Officer - Ireland
Posted on Friday, July 14, 2023
Rippling gives businesses one place to run HR, IT, and Finance. It brings together all of the workforce systems that are normally scattered across a company, like payroll, expenses, benefits, and computers. For the first time ever, you can manage and automate every part of the employee lifecycle in a single system.
Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can hire a new employee anywhere in the world and set up their payroll, corporate card, computer, benefits, and even third-party apps like Slack and Microsoft 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $1.2B from the world’s top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, Greenoaks, and Bedrock—and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes.
About the role
We are looking for a highly-motivated Chief Operating Officer (COO) to help build and lead the operations of Rippling Payments Ireland Ltd., the wholly-owned subsidiary of Rippling seeking authorisation as an electronic money institution (“EMI”) from the Central Bank of Ireland. The COO will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), providing key support to the ongoing operations of the business and oversight and ownership over the outsourcing framework and day to day operations of the business. The COO will help maximise the operational efficiency of the firm and will work across the business and group to ensure the firm meets and exceeds both its strategic goals and regulatory requirements. This is a pre-approval controlled function (PCF) role that requires approval from the Central Bank of Ireland.
What you will do
- Translate strategy into actionable steps for growth, implementing organisation-wide goal setting, divisional and company-wide key performance indicators (KPIs), performance management, and annual operations planning;
- Evaluate performance across all areas of the business by monitoring and interpreting KPIs;
- Maximise the use of resources to ensure ongoing business model viability;
- Ensure compliance with national and local business regulations and take appropriate action when necessary;
- Work with the senior management team of RPay Ireland to deliver the key objectives and goals of the firm;
- Manage relevant reporting to the regulator.
What you will need
- Relevant third level qualification and ideally additional relevant professional qualifications;
- 7+ years experience in a similar role and ideally 3+ years of experience in a senior role;
- Proven experience in the financial services industry, ideally including an operational risk background role;
- Demonstrated experience building trusted relationships and an ability to collaborate with senior stakeholders;
- Good knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements and procedures;
- Strong attention to detail, ability to work in a complex global organisational environment;
- Strong verbal and written communications skills including presentation skills;
- Strong sense of confidentiality and responsibility;
- Ability to work with multiple deadlines under pressure;
- Startup mindset- comfortable working in a highly dynamic environment.
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.