Information Security Manager - Ireland
Posted on Friday, July 14, 2023
Rippling gives businesses one place to run HR, IT, and Finance. It brings together all of the workforce systems that are normally scattered across a company, like payroll, expenses, benefits, and computers. For the first time ever, you can manage and automate every part of the employee lifecycle in a single system.
Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can hire a new employee anywhere in the world and set up their payroll, corporate card, computer, benefits, and even third-party apps like Slack and Microsoft 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $1.2B from the world’s top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, Greenoaks, and Bedrock—and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes.
About the role
This is a controlled function (CF) role , which requires approval from the Central Bank of Ireland. The Information security Manager, reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), will be a key support to the ongoing operations of the business and in particular provide oversight and ownership over the outsourcing framework and day to day operations of the business. The role will help maximise the operational efficiency of the firm and will work across the business and group to ensure the firm meets and exceeds both its strategic goals and regulatory requirements.
The Information security Manager will help lead the entity information security program and will have a proven track record and demonstrated experience of building trusted relationships, an ability to work collaboratively with senior stakeholders and to deliver best in class performance.
The holder of this role will be responsible for overseeing the day to day management of the Information security frameworks of the firm as well as overseeing the implementation of key performance indicators (KPIs) and Board reporting;
What you will do
- Build relationships and partner with key senior stakeholders and senior leaders to understand business priorities and objectives and translate these into the overall ICT strategic direction.
- Motivation and management of ICT Team.
- Design, develop, implement and coordinate systems, policies and procedures.
- Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems.
- Work closely with the management team to identify opportunities where system improvements can deliver value to the business.
- Manage internal and third-party applications.
- Manage ICT Budget and ensure cost effectiveness.
- Familiarity and adherence to Group ICT policies.
- Provide regular updates of ICT plans/performance to senior management.
What you will need
- Relevant third level qualification and ideally additional relevant professional qualifications;
- 7+ years experience in a similar role and ideally 3+ years of experience in a senior role;
- Proven experience in the financial services industry, ideally including an Information Security background role;
- Good knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements and procedures;
- Strong attention to detail, ability to work in a complex global organisational environment;
- Strong verbal and written communications skills including presentation skills;
- Strong sense of confidentiality and responsibility;
- Ability to work with multiple deadlines under pressure;
- Startup mindset- comfortable working in a highly dynamic environment.
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.