Staff Engineer - Compute Infra
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Thursday, July 20, 2023
Rippling gives businesses one place to run HR, IT, and Finance. It brings together all of the workforce systems that are normally scattered across a company, like payroll, expenses, benefits, and computers. For the first time ever, you can manage and automate every part of the employee lifecycle in a single system.
Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can hire a new employee anywhere in the world and set up their payroll, corporate card, computer, benefits, and even third-party apps like Slack and Microsoft 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $1.2B from the world’s top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, Greenoaks, and Bedrock—and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes.
About the role
The compute infrastructure team takes care of running the application in our prod and non-prod environments, our CI pipeline infrastructure and governance for product team specific infra needs. Our primary code base is a python monolith. We have home-grown tools & frameworks for running background jobs, deployments and managing cloud infra. You have an opportunity to work at framework level that would be used by the developers. The team is split across US and India. To mention a few tools AWS EKS & ECS, Python, Datadog and terraform.
What you will do
- Solving problems on deployment infrastructure -- in unconventional ways at times
- Conceive and build tools that make developers efficient and push high-quality code
- Work on home-grown frameworks enhancements
- Evolve the deployment infra needs as we refactor and split the monolith
- Design scalable and robust systems, and make decisions that will keep pace with the rapid growth of Rippling
- Build relationships with developers across all of our teams to understand their needs and satisfy them with projects you develop
What you will need
- 8+ years of professional work experience in cloud infrastructure
- Experience in build, development, or release systems (e.g. Git, Jenkins, Chef, Docker)
- Backend development experience would be a big plus . It would help you to work on the homegrown frameworks written in Python
- You want to be part of a team of the most talented, forward-thinking engineers in the industry