Account Manager, Mid-Market
About the role
What you will do
- Proactively engage customers in your book via key lifecycle events: “go live”, benefits renewal, executive business reviews, contract renewal, etc.
- Consult with clients to understand their HR, IT, Finance, and global workforce management needs through a solutions-based selling approach
- Navigate a sales process by building relationships with multiple stakeholders through remote meetings
- Negotiate and coordinate customer procurement and contract execution
- Build and manage a pipeline of new subscription cross sales, product upgrades, and contract renewals to monthly targets
- Develop and demonstrate a broad knowledge of current and new Rippling products via executing customer adoption playbooks and prospecting
- Partner with cross-functional product, support, and customer operations teams to ensure customer success and secure long term commitments
- Take an entrepreneurial approach to the role
What you will need
- 3+ years of SaaS experience in account management, sales, or quota-carrying customer success
- Track record of consistently meeting and exceeding quota via new product sales and upgrades (license expansion sales are not likely relevant)
- Competitive and creative drive to win over customers and think outside the box to get a deal done
- Demonstrated ability to run a sales discovery and demo meeting and run a structured sales process
- Proven success building and maintaining long term commercial relationships
- Highly effective communicator with good people instincts – able to build trust and work well with a diverse group inside and outside the company
- Highly organized, self-motivated, and detail-oriented; great follow-through on projects/tasks big and small
- High integrity; enthusiastic about building a great company for the long term
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
This role will receive a competitive On-Target Earnings (base salary + sales commission) + benefits + equity. The On-Target Earnings* for US-based employees will be aligned with one of the ranges below based on location; see which tier applies to your locationhere.
OTE (65/35 commission split for base/variable pay):
Tier 1: $160,000/year
Tier 2: $150,000/year
Tier 3: $150,000/year
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed above.
*Commission is not guaranteed