Senior Software Engineer, US Payroll Filings
About the role
What you will do
- Confidently ship moderate/large features and improvements with minimal guidance and support from other team members. Collaborate with the team on larger projects.
- Modeling and executing against requirements involving complex and interdependent systems.
- Taking ambiguous technical problem statements and turning them into an actionable plan, and then executing on it with the team.
- Implement comprehensive unit tests for confirming functionality and the quality of code. Ensure high-quality code and related documentation.
- Build relationships with teams across engineering, ops, and support, to understand their needs and help improve their day-to-day workflows.
What you will need
- 6+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Preferred experience with Python, Go, Django, MongoDB, Postgres, AWS
- Experience in building projects with good abstractions and architecture
- You care about product ownership and solving problems for our customers
- You’re passionate about being in a product-focused environment where everyone cares deeply about customer impact
- Ability to make nuanced tradeoff decisions
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics, Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.
This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with one of the ranges below based on location; see which tier applies to your location here.
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed below.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, HSA, Commuter, Life and Disability Benefits
- Uncapped PTO and flexible work hours
- Free onsite lunch
- Generous parental leave
- Transgender health insurance coverage
- Great compensation package (salary, equity)
- Fun, casual atmosphere and meeting-light culture