Head of Cross Sell, Growth
Sales & Business Development
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Sunday, October 22, 2023
Rippling gives businesses one place to run HR, IT, and Finance. It brings together all of the workforce systems that are normally scattered across a company, like payroll, expenses, benefits, and computers. For the first time ever, you can manage and automate every part of the employee lifecycle in a single system.
Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can hire a new employee anywhere in the world and set up their payroll, corporate card, computer, benefits, and even third-party apps like Slack and Microsoft 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $1.2B from the world’s top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, Greenoaks, and Bedrock—and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes.
About the role
After becoming one of the fastest growing SaaS startups, Rippling is ready to uplevel our growth engine to scale to $1B in ARR over the next couple years. One of the most important growth drivers will be expanding net dollar retention by cross-selling our 20+ (and growing!) products.
That’s where you come in.
You'll scale the growth engine that drives cross sell across 20+ products. You’ll hit ambitious targets by running experiments, building a world-class team, and pushing the envelope to unlock scale and ROI. Your team will also work with our acquisition team to increase conversion of warm and inactive prospects.
This role is highly cross-functional: you’ll work with executives, product, engineering, analytics, brand, account management, and more to develop and execute your strategies.
This role is based in our San Francisco office.
What you will do
- Drive cross sell pipeline for our account management team. Your team will run campaigns across our product, email, and other channels that drive pipeline across our rapidly growing mix of products.
- Help guide the product development of our cross sell engine. Ask us about this one live :)
- Accelerate conversion of warm & inactive prospects. You’ll work closely with our acquisition team to maximize conversion of inbound prospects and our warm database. There will be significant overlap between these efforts and cross sell.
- Build and mentor a world-class team that can operate with significant autonomy.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across multiple teams to execute complex cross-functional initiatives that move the business forward.
- Constantly innovate and push the envelope, moving beyond typical B2B marketing playbooks to unlock scale and ROI.
What you will need
- A hacker’s mentality. You obsess over finding novel ways to efficiently scale every program—even when conventional wisdom says you’re wrong.
- 7+ years of experience in growth, finance, consulting, or product.
- Experience building teams that consistently hit ambitious targets. You maintain a high-performance culture that attracts and nurtures top talent.
- Ability to navigate through ambiguity. You know where we need to go, but recognize it won’t always be a straight path to get there.
- Strong attention to detail. You can dive into the weeds with your team and pick up on the seemingly small, yet important, details.
- Willing to roll up your sleeves. We’re still a startup, and will expect you to roll up your sleeves and work hard to provide feedback and get the job done.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. You’ll regularly communicate directly with executives and other senior leaders.
- Bias for speed. We move very quickly, and will expect you to set a similar pace for your team.
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics, Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email email@example.com
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.
This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with one of the ranges below based on location; see which tier applies to your location here.
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed below.