Senior Web Designer
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 4, 2023
Rippling gives businesses one place to run HR, IT, and Finance. It brings together all of the workforce systems that are normally scattered across a company, like payroll, expenses, benefits, and computers. For the first time ever, you can manage and automate every part of the employee lifecycle in a single system.
Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can hire a new employee anywhere in the world and set up their payroll, corporate card, computer, benefits, and even third-party apps like Slack and Microsoft 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $1.2B from the world’s top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, Greenoaks, and Bedrock—and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes.
About the role
Since its redesign, the Rippling brand has become a huge asset and differentiator for the company. Now, with the respect and trust of stakeholders at all levels, we are responsible for stewarding the brand across every touchpoint on the web with craft and care.
We are looking for a Senior Web Designer to lead design, UX, and product storytelling across the website, support our team in the continued build out of our design system, and create original concepts for new product launches and growth-optimized pages.
You will be integral in driving and implementing the vision for the next generation of the Rippling brand on the web. You will be responsible for developing visual direction, collaborating with copy and content teams, and working with marketing channel owners to turn ideas into reality.
What you will do
- Work directly with Product Marketing to build unique pages that tell our product story in a succinct and differentiated way.
- Partner with designers, art directors, and writers to develop and build out original concepts for new product launches.
- Work closely with stakeholders to drive the creation of growth-optimized pages and modules.
- Bring original thinking and a unique perspective to our product communication across the web.
- Under direction of the Web Design Manager, further develop our design system, including maintenance and evolution of variants, components, modules, and more.
- Collaborate with the Brand team to concept and create bespoke 3D and illustration assets as necessary. Create medium to high fidelity assets to help better explain complex product concepts across the web.
- Work hands on with internal and external development teams to bring ambitious interactive ideas to code while always keeping an eye towards performance.
- Structure user tests to gain validation and insight into design decisions.
- Bring an exceptional eye for design, details, and a genuine love for the craft.
- Ensure the quality of design through rigorous QA.
What you will need
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role, mix of agency and in-house experience.
- Experience partnering with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to self-guide and project manage with minimal direction.
- Good communication skills and ability to embrace feedback and pivot accordingly.
- Proficiency in Figma, Adobe CS, Asana, JIRA, Google Workspace, Slack.
- Prototyping experience (Figma, Principle, After Effects, etc.)
- Expert communication skills, especially with C-Suite stakeholders
- Considerable experience working with SaaS and enterprise tech companies
- Experience with an in-house team
About the Team
We’re big on tight creative processes, candid communication, and buttoned-up operations. Without it, great creative work is possible but unnecessarily painful. With it, our team is able to do their best work without silly distractions. Read more here:
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics, Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.
This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with one of the ranges below based on location; see which tier applies to your location here.
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed below.